Northern Soul On The One Show Next Wednesday The 26Th

A FRIEND OF MINE WORKS ON THE ONE SHOW ON BBC1 AND NEXT WEDNESDAY, THE 26TH, THEY ARE LOOKING FOR AROUND 50 DANCERS FOR AN ITEM ON NORTHERN SOUL THAT THEY ARE DOING........

BBC1’s The One Show are looking for Northern Soul dancers to come down and perform on the show next Wednesday (March 26th) in London.

Young and old, male or female if you are good at dancing and up for performing within a group they would love to hear from you.

Contact sarah.carson@bbc.co.uk and she would love to hear from you.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP........SIMON

Social source share

Guest Byrney

C'mon all. I'm certain they will get 50 great dancers, that don't just do a skippy walk from side to side with tea pot hand movements and spins from a group of good looking fine young things; that of course don't look like poor 1970s throw backs. Ever the optimist me.

Social source share

C'mon all. I'm certain they will get 50 great dancers, that don't just do a skippy walk from side to side with tea pot hand movements and spins from a group of good looking fine young things; that of course don't look like poor 1970s throw backs. Ever the optimist me.

Well volunteered lad :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Call me a skeptic, I may be proved wrong but why do I get the feeling it will be the same old shit, different day.

:sleep3:  

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I hear they'll be a teaching class on how to Northern Soul dance lol. Again it will be painful as 99% of these programs are, though it is light entertainment and will be watched through fingers thinking where did it all go wrong :g: 

We should send someone in who can robot dance like the lad in the inbetweeners, f*ck that would be funny seeing there faces then :lol: .

Greg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

posted some more info on the news post via comments

here are...

ok here's some more background info 

There's a crew filming for The One Show at the Ritz Brighouse Event on Friday

The short film will be shown on the show next week.and the dancers are wanted for the end credit shots

They have some dancers already but are after more,  so if this is your bag then give the email a go

sarah.carson@bbc.co.uk 

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Why indeed Tony. It's like the youngsters now all want "to be famous" and deserted churches are suddenly standing room only when Songs of Praise turn up.

To be fair to the youngsters though Edwin Coilins, M People, Fine Young Cannibals, various docs etc decades ago didn't have to rattle the cage too much to get takers for their shot at fame.

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Why indeed Tony. It's like the youngsters now all want "to be famous" and deserted churches are suddenly standing room only when Songs of Praise turn up.

Songs of praise are coming to Wigan soon, i wonder will they do Northern, keep the faith ????? i'm saying nothing :shhh: , it's gonna well funny.

(Oirish) Greg :thumbsup:

Edited by liam2005
Social source share

Songs of praise are coming to Wigan soon, i wonder will they do Northern, keep the faith ????? i'm saying nothing :shhh: , it's gonna well funny.

(Oirish) Greg :thumbsup:

Presume they have heard about some of the Gospel being played and want a piece of the action or maybe

On the Hymn sheet...Beggin'--Praying--Get On You Knees--I Bear Witness

Wouldn't be fair to pre judge...but are the bookies taking odds on cringeworthiness...suspect it will be a bit like watching a horror movie ..peering between the fingers...but then again...might be pleasantly surprised

Social source share

To be fair to the youngsters though Edwin Coilins, M People, Fine Young Cannibals, various docs etc decades ago didn't have to rattle the cage too much to get takers for their shot at fame.

I think the M People dealt direct, i.e, they didn't advertise for dancers - This had some credit as it was done tastefully (A few seconds clip of a dancer, then something else, that sort of thing)

In fact, I think it just had a few people dance on it that happened to be on the Soul Scene that's all - and very well respected people at that.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think the M People dealt direct, i.e, they didn't advertise for dancers - This had some credit as it was done tastefully (A few seconds clip of a dancer, then something else, that sort of thing)

In fact, I think it just had a few people dance on it that happened to be on the Soul Scene that's all - and very well respected people at that.

All the best,

Wasn't the dancer Keb? I think he may have DJ'd for them on the tour they did with Ocean Colour Scene?

Social source share

Guest Byrney

All the best,

Yeah I seem to remember it, Keb etc.

Personally I don't have a problem with dancers doing a bit on a tasteful pop vid, good experience and all that, Plan B and that other recent young fellah me lads vids looked quite good. But for programmes where you're dressed up as a performing clown that's different in my view.

Social source share

Yeah I seem to remember it, Keb etc.

Personally I don't have a problem with dancers doing a bit on a tasteful pop vid, good experience and all that, Plan B and that other recent young fellah me lads vids looked quite good. But for programmes where you're dressed up as a performing clown that's different in my view.

Yes same as, in fact you are dead right on the good experience - how many mates can say they have been 'on set', sat next to the Mrs whilst both having make up put on, and filmed for twelve hours? Not many, and I would recommend that unique experience to anyone - Great fun.......I did offer Elaine a day at my welding factory, but she politely declined :wink: 

It was an eye opener - 12 hours filming for a 3 minute vid. So think how many hours have been spent on the NORTHERN SOUL FILM! :thumbsup: 

As you point out, there is a difference when it becomes a circus act......Another thing that can make a farce of it, is the editing of course, if done by someone who knows nothing about what we're about, but they are just doing their job as best they can.

All the best,

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Nominations for most likely tune they'll dance over the end credits to are a bit thin on the ground, so far I've only seen "Happy" as a contender....

fire away

One Show in a Million?  :huh:

Social source share

posted some more info on the news post via comments

here are...

ok here's some more background info 

There's a crew filming for The One Show at the Ritz Brighouse Event on Friday

The short film will be shown on the show next week.and the dancers are wanted for the end credit shots

They have some dancers already but are after more,  so if this is your bag then give the email a go

sarah.carson@bbc.co.uk 

Yeah they have provided a free minibus to take Wigan Young Souls and their friends to dance at the Ritz

Social source share

Doubt there will be a shortage of applicants,can think of a few young super stars in the making from Bolton wigan area who will be chomping at the bit.Not to be taken seriously but usualy makes very uncomfortable watching,and gives the piss takers a field day.

spot on mr. mccabe The One Show....or as they will be known next week if it ain't right......T.O.S.SERS! :rolleyes:  :facepalm:  :dash2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share