Show us your great photos 2021

Amsterdam Russ

27 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Council decision...

The wall was cracked and it older than the tree..

Ed

I do understand Ed. Just sad that something that old had to be destroyed because the council says so. I bet the wall could have been repaired but a tree surgeon would have been the cheapest option.  

Social source share

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Inspiration for all of us happy snappers...

_121315110_6.jpg

© DAVE NEWMAN

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-59132484 /

Thanks Russ.  Thought it was going be one of those set up jobs like most kingfisher pictures are these days that are entering or leaving the water. Hides for the camera are on water level with stickleback in a glass tank inside the pool, you normally pay about £120 for the session and even get told what camera settings to use. But so glad to see that it's just a normal guy out on his lunch break 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Russ.  Thought it was going be one of those set up jobs like most kingfisher pictures are these days that are entering or leaving the water. Hides for the camera are on water level with stickleback in a glass tank inside the pool, you normally pay about £120 for the session and even get told what camera settings to use. But so glad to see that it's just a normal guy out on his lunch break 

A normal guy on his lunch break - with very, very expensive camera equipment. :P

Joking aside, he clearly has a huge talent for "capturing the moment" - the thing that makes the difference between good shots and great shots.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Julianb said:

Don't know how to attach a photo but if you go onto the Gaurdian top 20 photos and look at the La Palma 'ash' photo I  think you will be amazed. 

Thanks Julian.

If you click on the link below where it says Click here to choose files to upload it gives you a few options as to upload things

Ste

Social source share

58 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

A weekend in Trawsfynydd in Wales. Footbridge over Trawsfynydd reservoir and an old boat house

20211107_145839.jpg

20211107_134835.jpg

2021-11-07-15-48-51-402.jpg

Andy. I used to fish at Trawsfynydd when it was a working  power station and they had a cold inlet side and a warm outlet side divided by a massive wall. We used to sit barefoot in the warm water when it was down to -10 and snowing.  Amazing experience.  Great perch fishing with the odd trout 

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Mal C said:

I was at a gardening centre on the wkd, nr Monmouth, anyhow this place over looks 'Sugar Mountain' which you can clearly see, quite distinctive!  they do a mean pot of mint tea and chocolate brownie 🙂

IMG_1305.jpg

Mal. I drove the otherside  of Sugar loaf mountain the other week on my way home from Tenby on the A483 . It must have the one of the smallest  railway stations in the UK In a gorgeous setting 

Social source share

it is nice Steve, we kinda want to move that way, the corridor from Newport up to Worcester, with the Wye  valley areas on your left are all stunning, Monmouth is expensive, they have a Waitrose!  lol but if you come out of town and into that green belt there, it gets far more affordable.

Only down side is Liza has her eye on my record collection to fund some of this 😞  otherwise its my fishing gear,  what's the use of having a great house and garden if you cant have a record room...?? laughing

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Mal C said:

it is nice Steve, we kinda want to move that way, the corridor from Newport up to Worcester, with the Wye  valley areas on your left are all stunning, Monmouth is expensive, they have a Waitrose!  lol but if you come out of town and into that green belt there, it gets far more affordable.

Only down side is Liza has her eye on my record collection to fund some of this 😞  otherwise its my fishing gear,  what's the use of having a great house and garden if you cant have a record room...?? laughing

Exactly my friend.  . Tell  Liza records and fishing gear are non negotiable in the house move. But shoes and clothes are, see what she says to that but don't forget the hard hat and cricket box when you tell her. 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Pennington flash.  So called art installation to bring people's attention to the state of the planet.  Don't think a 10 metre diameter globe that's lit up is helping, especially the waterfowl that roost in the area 

Screenshot_20211121-212211_WhatsApp.jpg

Thats common sense you're talking Steve. Unfortunately it's getting less common.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share