Dream Record Of All Time

Impact

• 1 month later...
Guest JIM BARRY

===================================================================================================================================================

Three for me....because they are rare, expensive and brilliant.......and because I can never play them beacuse I'll probably never own them on OV........

Eddie Parker on Awake

Rita & The Tiaras on Dore (came close on this one last year though!!!)

Antellects on Flodavieur

When was the last time that anyone heard Eddie Parker played out? That's the only tragedy with OV....some sounds are just never heard.......

Best

dogstoat

bob and fred on big mack

mr soul on genuine

inspirations on breakthrough

Social source share

The Group ft Cecil Washington - I Don't Like To Lose

Simply the most sou;-shaking opening and spine-tingling close to a record that I've ever heard.

I know this statement ain't gonna be popular but if you didn't hear this at Wigan then you've never truly heard it.

Social source share

===================================================================================================================================================

Three for me....because they are rare, expensive and brilliant.......and because I can never play them beacuse I'll probably never own them on OV........

Eddie Parker on Awake

Rita & The Tiaras on Dore (came close on this one last year though!!!)

Antellects on Flodavieur

When was the last time that anyone heard Eddie Parker played out? That's the only tragedy with OV....some sounds are just never heard.......

Best

dogstoat

finish all my spots with Eddie :rolleyes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

somblokey mentioned don gardner cheatin kind great tune mines nomads somthins bad oldie dynamics lonely man more recent :rolleyes:

Good shout with The Nomads mate - LOVE IT - reminds me of coming home on the school bus with last Saturdays Wigan tape banging out...and I think I could still dance to it too. :thumbup:

Social source share

Eddie Parker on Awake

Best

dogstoat

Nearly every time Ted Massy DJs, God I'm sooooooo bored with it :rolleyes::thumbup::wicked:laugh.gif

Nah, it's a great record, and you're right, so few copies around you won't hear it played out very often.

Mine would probably be The Mello Souls, but so far out of the price range now unless I get really lucky I have no chance of owning one.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Think my dream record to own would be Soul Incorporated - My Proposal on Coconut Grove

one day she will be mine!

soul incorporated - my proposal - soul-tbc

im with you on this one :rolleyes:

i wouldnt mind a mello souls :thumbup:

Social source share

Guitar Ray - You're Gonna Wreck My Life - Shagg, could come up with a good few more but - at the moment - this little beauty sits nicely at the top of the pile!!

good call ! incredible record that moves me everytime,beautiful thumbsup.gif

jason

Social source share

Thankfully I am lucky enough to have my 3 Dream records of all time .....

Don Gardner - Cheatin Kind - Sedgrick

Court Davis - Try To Thnk What You're Doing - East Coast

Eric Mercury - Lonely Girl - Sac

...That Eric Mercury's gotta be up there---good call Phil thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Had a stab on page one, but in keeping with what's what - its got to be -

Larry Clinton - She Wanted (Dynamo)

Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Fingers (Tower)

Frank Dell - He Broke Your Game Wide Open (Valise)

:thumbsup: .

Social source share

The only thing I can think of is I'd like to have The Yum Yums - Gonna Be A Big Thing - but on a black issue copy

OOh... good choice, I didn't realise there actually were issue copies!

Social source share

One tune that does it for me evey time is The Tymes- A touch of baby, first got it on the b side of what would I do, then picked a black label MGM copy with it as the a side. Only a cheapie but absolutly love it.

ATB.

Social source share

somblokey mentioned don gardner cheatin kind great tune mines nomads somthins bad oldie dynamics lonely man more recent :thumbsup:

Listen mate if one of the Dynamics on Dyna comes up i'm having it so please bog off,nice shout,its insane and should be detained under the mental health act.Gilly and Nicola

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Got to Be Hayes Cotton Black wings has my Angel

That's my dream record too. Can't afford it, will probably never be able to afford it but it's just awesome. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Dream Oldie - Paris Blues on Polydor when I was young I had 40 squid in 1977 and ran down the road in manchester to get it on Mala only for it to have been sold - and Id never had a copy until about 3 years ago when I got the Polydor copy

Dream 45s for me have to be NU-Rons - All of my life & Chuck Cockerham - Have I the right

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Dream Oldie - Paris Blues on Polydor when I was young I had 40 squid in 1977 and ran down the road in manchester to get it on Mala only for it to have been sold - and Id never had a copy until about 3 years ago when I got the Polydor copy

Dream 45s for me have to be NU-Rons - All of my life & Chuck Cockerham - Have I the right

are you sure it was paris blues on polydor and not to the ends of the earth ernie?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!