John Manship Auction

Jim G

• Replies 216
  • Views 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

now that the record has been revealed through bad puns, can someone explain to me what it has to do with sheep? Am I thick or is it a british english vs. american english thing? I was trying to think of wolf-related records.

Social source share

Wow. Nice record though. I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen one. I dimly remember one of Soussan's lists having it on and most people being sceptical about it's existance but it makes sense to me. I can imagine Bunky knocking off a few Bunky copies to pass around fellow DJ's in Chicago to give the record a boost but how many copies I wonder?

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry but unless i've just woken from a bad dream,i know someone who's got the record on Bunky,if its what i think John's implying.

Before the offers come in for it - no,he doesn't sell,no he doesn't go anywhere now."Armchair" collector for 40 years.

I will check of course and correct my post if i'm wrong.

Social source share

Sorry but unless i've just woken from a bad dream,i know someone who's got the record on Bunky,if its what i think John's implying.

Before the offers come in for it - no,he doesn't sell,no he doesn't go anywhere now."Armchair" collector for 40 years.

I will check of course and correct my post if i'm wrong.

Has he retired and moved abroad by any chance? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Nolan Chance on Bunky? *yawn*

Expected something much more exiting...

You're either too young or too cynical LOL......:thumbsup:

It's an iconic record for many and was probably one of the biggest records on the scene when they were getting into it. And on Bunky! What's not to like?

Social source share

Hang on. This is getting more like Cluedo or Sleuth or one of those similarly horrible games that went on forever LOL........:thumbsup:

Ian D biggrin.gif

:thumbsup: ,no he's not far away.In fact i can see his house from here...(bloody hell,hope he's still got it now i've opened my mouth....:thumbsup: ).

Social source share

:thumbsup: ,no he's not far away.In fact i can see his house from here...(bloody hell,hope he's still got it now i've opened my mouth....:thumbsup: ).

Kev...if you can see his house ... cast your mind back a few days .....did him and his good lady nip out with a parcel :thumbsup:

Social source share

You're either too young or too cynical LOL......:hatsoff2:

It's an iconic record for many and was probably one of the biggest records on the scene when they were getting into it. And on Bunky! What's not to like?

Ian D :thumbsup:)

neither young (38) nor cynical. nolan chance might had been a big sound in in the past. but today? plenty of other big tunes i'd drool over. eddie parker on awake demo for example.

Social source share

neither young (38) nor cynical. nolan chance might had been a big sound in in the past. but today? plenty of other big tunes i'd drool over. eddie parker on awake demo for example.

38 :hatsoff2:..........now thats young. younger than young andy dyson.............. serously tho my shoulders dropped a bit too. after all nolan chance on bunky is only a reissue and if i`d got 5 grand to spend and 5 records came up at 5 grand each, don gardner, inspirations, bunky, lady in green, eddie parker. i think nolan chance would be the last one i`d buy... personally i dont think it`ll make 5 grand. but i hope it does to cover the old folks air fair and for john to take his cut.........................

dave

Social source share

neither young (38) nor cynical. nolan chance might had been a big sound in in the past. but today? plenty of other big tunes i'd drool over. eddie parker on

awake demo for example.

38 is young Benji, believe me! :hatsoff2:

Nolan Chance was a monster before you were even born so it'll have a lot more resonance for older collectors I'd guess. But, like you, there's many other sounds I prefer anyway. The Bunky thing has always had a certain mystique about it so it'll fetch a great price I reckon.....

Social source share

All that guessing and the original poster actually gave it away in the first post!

p.s. is Bunky a reissue or a first issue, was it a private press?

I think you could make up a story for either case, reissue or first issue, and nobody will know the truth since Sheppard is gone. Either way it's super rare and cool.

Social source share

DEFFO THE 2ND ISSUE AS HE'D ALREADY HAD A RELEASE ON CONSTELLATION....SHE'S GONE/IF HE MAKES YOU C144, THE ABOVE SCAN MAYBE PRETTY DODGY TOO IT HAS THE CAME CAT NO AS THE CONSTELLATION COPIES C161, WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT THIS GOES FOR, NOT PLAYIN IT DOWN AS IT'S A SUPERB RECORD BUT SURELY 3K IS OPTIMISTIC

BRI PINCH

Social source share

Last time and only time i have seen this on Bunky was at the Highland room circa 1972,a guy from Accrington had it!

Geoff, who from Accy?

Richard had it on Bunky back in the day, I did try to buy it off him but he wouldn't sell.

Having said that, I never actually saw the record, but I did want it bad.

Dave.

P.S. Geoff say hi to Margaret from me and Lou.

Social source share

:lol: HI ALL .... I KNOW ,,, it's "STUBBORN HART" BY THE UK SHEPARD'S - STRIKE. IT'S GOT TO BE SOMETHING LIKE THAT, STRIKE IS THE MOST LIKELY LABEL? THE SHEPARD'S THE ARTIST, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW. THATS MY GUESS :lol:

"YOU JUST DON'T KNOW" - SHEPARD'S - STRIKE,???

WOULD MICK SMITH WANT IT, JOHN, OR HAS HE GOT IT???:thumbsup: DAVE

Social source share

:ph34r:Now the clue is the couple flew to england.........eeeeem was this to throw us off the saucy sent I ask myself perhaps to aid to the climb to the unveiling eeeeeem ?

Come on god help me out here .... this could be a major cooop for the lady anoraks ... I could guess this tune I could jump mega toggles :lol:

I will say Gerri Hall on Island ..actually wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to be a british label sold by americans :thumbsup:

Miss HP

Social source share

My last post on this seems to have gone west - so I'll repeat what I put earlier:

Looking at the label above, I'd hazard a guess at the Bunky being the National release (dist by Scepter) and therefore the second issue to the Local label (Constellation).

if the label scanned above is genuine ( it looks dodgy to me ) that label design would make it at least 2 years after the constellation release and constellation had already ceased to be

dave

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

There's just not enough information here. We need to know where they flew in from as that will affect the money in their pocket. If they live in Corfu, you can get good prices with ScramJet and so would make sense even for a £5k record. But if the old couple came from California; well, thats quite a few thousand pounds to knock off...Some god-given-gift of a hunce tells me its America, another hunce that they are really here on holiday and thought they'd pop in to save Mr Gordy going to the post office - and they planed to go to Melton on their trip anyway to pick up some of those rather nice pork pies with Stilton on top from the world famous pork pie shoppe.

I think we're now getting closer.

or a blag to get customers to look through his site.thumbsup.gif to see what it is / was. then notice somthing else and bid / buy. yes.gifyes.gif

IMO anyway.

tony

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert