John Manship's Tease Auction

snooky

It's probably going to take John a week to do the wright up on along the lines of .;

And so I give you the sword of swords only a few knights can gaze upon it's majesty , this prize of prizes only one knight can be crownd Arthur to weild the The Excaliber of records , a record of such devastating power slays all other DJ's before it , Behold this ledgend , the vinyl was produced from the first polymer ever made , The pressing plates forged from the silver of slain king's crowns . the Paper on the label made from the last felled and oldest oak of old England , the ink's made from the milk and tear ducts of a unicorn. Only one can possess it now who will pull forth the sword from the stone ?.

Social source share

Is there just one with Mr. butch  the other one " I shook the world" is also one copy as well isn't it ?

Yep Butch has the only copy as far as I know, many said it didn't exist but it definitely does.  He also played it at the last lifeline.  Little Johnny Hamilton (Keep On Moving) is a one copy only (the original) as well isn't it, again owned by Butch.  The rest are later test presses aren't they?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

But Sandy Golden isn't the rarest northern soul record is it? 

No, true but a non soul collector in Plymouth finds one in a box of non soul material……so what's he to do? :g:  I know JM Auction…..gets rich in time for Xmas...

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Who gives a flying f"ck anyway. There will be very few people on here who cam even consider being able to afford to bid on this :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

ROY

I'm just thinking that.  A couple of hundred quid is most people's top bid.  Anyone bidding over a grand, I've got no interest in watching flash people throwing their money about on bits of plastic.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It's probably going to take John a week to do the wright up on along the lines of .;

And so I give you the sword of swords only a few knights can gaze upon it's majesty , this prize of prizes only one knight can be crownd Arthur to weild the The Excaliber of records , a record of such devastating power slays all other DJ's before it , Behold this ledgend , the vinyl was produced from the first polymer ever made , The pressing plates forged from the silver of slain king's crowns . the Paper on the label made from the last felled and oldest oak of old England , the ink's made from the milk and tear ducts of a unicorn. Only one can possess it now who will pull forth the sword from the stone ?.

Genius Sharmo! You're in the wrong job mate.  :lol:

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Oh No.  Don't go down the British 45 route.  We'll have mention of Darrell Banks London issue , Volumes on Pama and First Choice on Pye , TMG525 R/W demo.

Plus more I cannot think of at present.  

Oops, sorry bout that , just got Darrell Banks and Volumes in before your post, but I'm sure JM would love to sell both these.

Rick

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

The clue is in the "c/w" in the description....meaning it's a double header! It all points to SG....

Have another look Steve ??? ????/???= the ????/???

Social source share

If it's literally the rarest, it must be one of a kind, therefore the first copy to turn up. Basically a record never seen before but maybe a track heard on a master tape or test press. Surely there must be other records that fit the description? So, it's not in Butch's playbox, maybe something only rumoured to exist but could be an issue of record only seen as a Demo or on a coloured vinyl. I reckon it's a Professionals white demo on red vinyl in a company sleeve...or something similar in an unusual format.

Social source share

I think your all forgetting one thing and that is that JM has always billed FW as the rarest 45 on the planet so I think IMHO it will be one of those or another one found. . . Maybe an issue????

Dazz

Sorry but I mark Chalky right on this. Plenty of records never got beyond demo on major labels.

and just brothers does exist on wand

Ever seen one Bob? :no:

Social source share

Any idea when all will be revealed?

Also note the ORIGINAL is in upper case in the description is that another clue e.g. It is not an acetate?

I know it ain't meant to exist but is it the Originals "suspicion"

Edited by jim g
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Tease should really give the game away. For all you guys used to finding the link in the cover up title to the actual track being played I'd have thought this was easy

Its my old copy of Lighten Up by Larry Atkins.

It fell out of its sleve and ended up in about 8 bits.  The tease bit, is beacuse every time you try to take it out of the sleeve a little bit more comes off.

:thumbup:

Social source share

Neither did Walter Wilson Steve but I believe you now have the one I found!

Or has your research unearthed evidence of its non-pressing?

Yes I reckon so, the only Pete Garris sourced record to appear on Wand was the first one on Garrison "Humphrey Stomp"....all the later ones were put on Garris's own label.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share