John Manship's Tease Auction

snooky

Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Records should be black, end of. Coloured vinyl should be strictly reserved for all them shite pop tunes from the 70's that came out on coloured vinyl.

It's much harder to check condition on anything other than black as well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I feel deflated like one of those people on Catfish when they finally meet.

I feel like I lost my hard-on half way through the foreplay, again, but without anyone to tell me its all right, it happens to everyone, while laughing out loud.....

Edited by jocko
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Not being critical of you at all Jocko, but just wanted to point out (to everyone, really) that as far as I can see - in relation to this particular auction item - JM has not used Soul-Source at all. Not one post.

Every SS member who has posted on this thread, guessing records and talking about his marketing strategy, has done his job for him.

Nice successful piece of psychology by John though  :wink:

NO criticism at all taken young man, but I beg to differ. John has used the site in the only way he can, and very successfully. Arguably a bit naughty given his status but in todays multi media world, not even Berlosconi would be able to convince a jury he is innocent in this!

Social source share

Guest wigan bob

A bit disappointed,wanted it to be an issue/demo of an acetate only thing or unknown British release.

So the next question...........how much will The Professionals go for?

Cheers

Martyn

not a lot if people had any brains

Social source share

I think you'll find find post 51 top of page 2 is the first mention Mr Ted some eight days ago, you know I always have to be right.

Cheers Darren

Might that be because your in the business of knowing and know a man, who knows a man, who knows the man who owns the said 45 ;)
Social source share

i more interested in the toni ross he has just listed!

This is another phenomenon that has occurred since this auction first started up. People buying rare records off ebay and this site and then sicking them on Manships aucton hoping to make a killing.

I may be completely wrong but there was a copy of Toni Ross on ebay a few weeks ago. Is this it? I know it went for a substantial amount, so if it is that copy, it's going to have to make a very high price, considering the 20% comission on top.

I did it myself in the early days of his auction when he only took 10% commission, and had some success. But I reckon a lot have failed to get the price they were looking for.

I sold a mint copy of the Conquistadors on here for a grand. I only had the one enquiry for what is a bloody great and extremely rare piece. Anyway a couple of weeks later it's on Manships auction, and it made £1300 I think. So a grand for the record and £260 commission means the guy made £40. Better than a poke with a sharp stick.  :P

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Why the gold vinyl copy is on discogs is beyond me as its never been for sale before via the internet. The scan is I presume lifted from this site as it is the copy Dickie Watt owned and gave to Richard Searling, it was the one Robin found in the States i think. As far as i know Richard still has it. There is mention of another from the Yate days so that might be the other copy of it exists.

Here is the topic where Dickie posted the scan..

The one on JM's site appears to be the one Dickie posted.

So if Richard still has it, is he the one selling it now, or have I lost something in the mix?

Edited by Jaco
Social source share

post-3850-0-89985400-1385729827_thumb.jp

I told you all of those wild guesses were hopeless and pathetic!

At least it was just a harmless game and you were all bidding on imaginary records with monopoly money.

Phil Dick had two houses on Park Lane and a red hotel on Bond Street...

He could have lost the lot !!!

:ohmy: 

Paul

Social source share

Guest wigan bob

So if Richard still has it, is he the one selling it now, or have I lost something in the mix?

thats what i thought

Social source share

Oops looks like Grumpy from Edinburgh posted same time as Grumpy from Burnley and Grumpy from Germany.

Thier version is what I have heard previously and pretty sure originally from Robin. Cmon Mr S you have the casting vote!

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Yes you should have had Richard as a client and you would be sitting with a Professionals in your hand as we type!

Social source share