honky

• Replies 105
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thans Rich, not had chance to play it yet but wanted to say thanks for your very generous gesture, I know what it's like when you offer something for nothing and you end up well out of pocket, postage, packing etc - at least people are taking the time to say thank you, and thats nice.

Social source share

Received mine a couple of days ago but this is the first chance I've had to say thanks Richard.

Not played all yet but some belting stuff so far. Plenty of 'new to me' tunes (which isn't hard) as well.

Top fella. :(

Have put a healthy donation behind the bar of my local as promised!!!! :yes::huh:

Me not being a collector of records, The Gary Glitter Fan thought that I had ordered something dodgy when she found a brownpaper parcel from the states on the doorstep!!!!!!!! :no:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Hi Richard,

CDs arrived today, playing them as I type this. Helping to keep me sane, feel like getting up and dancing, might cause a bit of a shock here though. Thank you very much for them, content and presentation are excellent, really professional. A couple will be on their way to you ASAP.

Your kind gesture epitomises the best of the soul scene, full of kind, decent and generous people.

Best wishes,

Geoff

Social source share

Hi everyone - First off, many thanks for everyone's kind words on here and in emails/PMs to me. Really pleased that everyone is enjoying the CDs so much! Apologies that I've not had a chance to respond to most emails as I've been focused on just trying to get things packed up and out to the post office - I sent out #370 this weekend.

I'm on the road quite a lot the next 2 weeks, and there will be a delay for folks who've contacted me after Saturday, but I'll get them out when I get home...but I do still have copies.

Have a good week everyone! Talk to you soon...

- honky

ps - Oh, for those who have asked, the reason for the charity connection is that people have asked me in the past if they could pay me for my mixes, but I don't think it's right that I make money off of them if the artists aren't making anything. So, I came up with that as an alternative.

pps - Also, for those who asked about this being HM22+23CD, and my funk mix being HM21CD - numbers 20 and below were all pretty bad in comparison, so I'm not sharing copies of them any more.

Social source share

Hi everyone - First off, many thanks for everyone's kind words on here and in emails/PMs to me. Really pleased that everyone is enjoying the CDs so much! Apologies that I've not had a chance to respond to most emails as I've been focused on just trying to get things packed up and out to the post office - I sent out #370 this weekend.

I'm on the road quite a lot the next 2 weeks, and there will be a delay for folks who've contacted me after Saturday, but I'll get them out when I get home...but I do still have copies.

- honky

ps - Oh, for those who have asked, the reason for the charity connection is that people have asked me in the past if they could pay me for my mixes, but I don't think it's right that I make money off of them if the artists aren't making anything. So, I came up with that as an alternative.

pps - Also, for those who asked about this being HM22+23CD, and my funk mix being HM21CD - numbers 20 and below were all pretty bad in comparison, so I'm not sharing copies of them any more.

Honky

CD arrived this morning. Many many thanks.

Donation made to Oxfam.

Gary

Social source share

Richard many thanks for the CD

What can I say that has not been said already. This is a very kind offer and a great double CD that has been greatfully received. Another donation to Oxfam has been made.

Thanks again Darren

Social source share

- honky

As honky is not going to be available for a few weeks can anyone supply a playlist for both cd's?

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Recieved mine today ,many thanks --Honky,some i don,t know, some i,ve forgotten how good they were.

Money in Cancer Research Jar!!

Lovely gesture m8

Tony Coleby.

Social source share

DJ Honky - thanks for the memories great compilation donation going to cancer research

john m - have you got Itunes??? open up the disc in there if you have and the tracklistings come up

Cheers my daughter has Itunes I'll ty her laptop...

Social source share

All I can say is "WOW"

Mine arrived Thursday which I arrived home too - sadly too late to play it.

Got home last night and put it on... my legs are killing me from dancing! Even my housemate who isn't really a soul fan was bouncing about around the house.

The presentation of the CD is cracking and there are several tracks on there that I have never heard before, also, a couple that I hadn't heard for several years. Each one meant the stereo was turned up just that little bit lounder.

Honky, you are a legend! Cancer Research is my charity of choice and this month they are getting more than usual.

Honky = "Saint in his own lifetime" hehe

KTF

Social source share

I have been blown away with the quality of the recording on these CD's, I've had it loud enough to make my ears bleed in the car and no distortion at all.

It is so crystal clear that I now know the correct words to some I've been making them up to for years.... :thumbsup:

Thank you! Wish I could claim I used some special audiophile technique, but all I did was use a plain old Technics 1200 with a basic Shure M44-7 cartridge, run it through a Vestax mixer straight into my Mac's standard audio card...

- honky

Social source share

As I know some people don't have iTunes (where the tracklists should come up as I uploaded them...), here is a full tracklisting for both CDs:

https://www.hearingmusic.com/yankee_tracklist.txt

Any spellings and errors are a result of extreme jet lag. I managed to have enough time between trips to pack up another 20 or so copies this weekend - hopefully they will be with you all later this week.

Also, to clarify again - donations are purely voluntary - you can send them to whatever charity you would like.

I'll be gone this week as well, so there will be a slight delay for anyone requesting a copy before this coming Saturday. Hope everyone will have a good week!

- honky

Social source share

Hi Joan - Actually, I did introduce myself a while back, but that post has faded a bit into the woodwork, alas...but hello again! :thumbup:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37450

Several people have asked for the tracklist...preferred not posting it as I think it's more fun to listen to the first time without knowing what comes next, so below is the alphabetical list of artists on the inside cover. The tracklist should come up in iTunes when you put it in a computer.

Anyhow, another 20 or so will go out today...hope you'll all enjoy them!

Cheers,

had mine a couple of weeks not a bad tune on them ,well dun honkey :thumbsup:

- honky

yankee_inside.jpg

Social source share

Hi Joan - Actually, I did introduce myself a while back, but that post has faded a bit into the woodwork, alas...but hello again! :rolleyes:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37450

Several people have asked for the tracklist...preferred not posting it as I think it's more fun to listen to the first time without knowing what comes next, so below is the alphabetical list of artists on the inside cover. The tracklist should come up in iTunes when you put it in a computer.

Anyhow, another 20 or so will go out today...hope you'll all enjoy them!

Cheers,

- honky

yankee_inside.jpg

Hi Honky,

Got any left? If so, would love a copy.

Thanks

Social source share

Can't seem to open track listing file.

Tune that I really would like to id is track 21 on the "What More Do You Want" cd.

21. What's the use of me trying - Tan Geers

Social source share

Hi Honky,

mine arrived safely today and it is bloody awsome :rolleyes:

you a top fella and a credit to the soul scene :wave:

£10 is on its way to the local charity shop collection box :thumbsup:

thanks again Honky

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

I just collected my mail from the hallway and when I saw the little package from New York I couldn't think what it was and what's more it seemed to have been sent from a character in Curb Your Enthusiasm which made it all the more intriguing! :unsure:

When I opened it and found the Cd's and lovely note, it all came back to me! I had totally forgotten about your generous offer..what a lovely surprise. I have yet to play them but the tracklist looks great and the artwork on the covers is fab! :unsure:

Thank you so much Richard...what a fantastic and very kind gesture. I hope good things happen to you in return. :unsure:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

WOW! :D

I'm listening as I type this - what a fantastic compilation! :D

I'm loving it wub.gif

Rich you are a truly generous individual (and one hell of a DJ to boot) - what a lovely and generous gesture - you'll be pleased to know that I have just been online and set up a monthly direct debit for the NSPCC Full Stop campaign.

(Anyone wishing to donate click here: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/donate/donatehub_wda36430.html )

I will PM you as well.

Thanks again wave.gif

Social source share

hi honky, thanks for cd, what great tracks, got mine about a week ago ,but due to computer playing up ,and last weekend at tuscany italy ,at modern soul weekender, and just recovered, so like to thank you for double cd,donation 10pounds sent to multiple sclerosis and will send you postage ,thanks again ,top man mr j.p.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert