Glen Hunter

Just received the devastating news that our very close friend passed away last night.

It is totally unbelievable - Glen was trying to get over the death of his mate Dave Pointon.

words cannot express our shock at his sudden death. our thoughts are with his wife Gill and his daughters Louise and Kelly.

we send our love to you Glen, you will never be forgotten. Debbie and Mick Welsh

Social source share

• Replies 88
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just received the devastating news that our very close friend passed away last night.

It is totally unbelievable - Glen was trying to get over the death of his mate Dave Pointon.

words cannot express our shock at his sudden death. our thoughts are with his wife Gill and his daughters Louise and Kelly.

we send our love to you Glen, you will never be forgotten. Debbie and Mick Welsh

so sorry to here this Glen was a top guy ...new him for a good few years , thoughts with Gill and all his family at this very sad time

steve T

"WALES"

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

i can't believe this, glenn and i always had a laugh when ever we met at venues. the last time at the greatstone when he was telling me about the trip he had with jimmy aand the guys from macc to detroit. i'm so shocked.r.i.p. glenn and my sincere thoughts to your family.

Social source share

It is with a heavy heart that i have to inform fellow soul fans of the sudden and tragic death of GLEN HUNTER from Macclesfield, who died of a heart attack on thursday evening .....i first met GLEN on the first soul trip to LA a few years back,and with his dry sense of humour and friendly nature you just liked the fella right away....with his best friend DAVE POINTON also passing away just a few months ago,glen was just comming to his best terms with his best friend leaving us so early.....i would like to pass on to glens wife GILL and kids that he will never be forgotten by all who came across this lovely man ....will put up all the funeral details when i have them ....so if you can raise a glass to one of lifes TOP BLOKES please do so this weekend .......

The_Blokes.jpg

Picture of Glen (5th from left) from Chicago on last Soul trip to USA

Gonna miss you Glen ...thanks for being my mate...RIP.

Edited by staceys dad
Social source share

Just been told about this very very sad news and can't quite take it in. Dave's death was devastating for Glen and it was good to see him at Cleethorpes even though it must have been so difficult to be there without his best mate. He looked so well too

I just can't believe it. Glen was a top bloke and always had time for you. I remember him dashing round at the drop of a hat with some LP's for my 50th birthday bash as none of the DJ's had turned up early on.

It was a honour when I went with some of the Macc lads to see him DJ at the 100 Club a few years ago.....one of those trips you never forget and boy did he love it......... I have the CD to treasure.

Our thoughts are with Gill, Louise, Kelly and all Glen's family and friends. It was a real pleasure to know you Glen R.I,P

Linda & Kev x

Social source share

It is with a heavy heart that i have to inform fellow soul fans of the sudden and tragic death of GLEN HUNTER from Macclesfield, who died of a heart attack on thursday evening .....i first met GLEN on the first soul trip to LA a few years back,and with his dry sense of humour and friendly nature you just liked the fella right away....with his best friend DAVE POINTON also passing away just a few months ago,glen was just comming to his best terms with his best friend leaving us so early.....i would like to pass on to glens wife GILL and kids that he will never be forgotten by all who came across this lovely man ....will put up all the funeral details when i have them ....so if you can raise a glass to one of lifes TOP BLOKES please do so this weekend .......

gonna miss you glen ...thanks for being my mate...r.i.p.

OMG just heard this so thought id pop on here to check... stunned....... really nice guy

Social source share

Social source share

Very Sad news. Great guy who will be missed.

As I haven't been anywhere for ages haven't seen Glen for a good while but always enjoyed having a chat when I did.

Condolences to family and friends.

R.I.P

Phil and Jo Wainwright

Edited by grumpyfella
Social source share

very sad news.

i was just thinking of him the other day.he use to send me up tapes of richard serlings shows a few years back.

also swapped a few tapes of each others tunes & he titled his to me with mac soul.

rip glen.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Met Glen at Alan Pollards soul dews in Stockport back in 2000,such a nice man,another soulbrother taken from us,our condolances to Glens family. Rest in Peace Glen,you will be missed. Graham&Rosie Dexter xxx

Social source share

Known Glen many years, just can't believe he's not with us anymore. Fave memories of Glen has to be Little Lever Cricket ( sunday soul night sessions ) Snow, rain or shine Gill and Glen and the rest of the Macclesfield crew came with there boxes of records and played track after track of soulfull bliss!!

Thanks for the memories Glen one of lifes true gentlemen. Thoughts are with Gill and family

Social source share

Guest styrene45

Very very sad news, Glen reminded me of a gentle giant always carrying a friendly smile, always the first to donate to a worthy cause. He will be missed. Condolences to his wife and family.

Social source share

This is totally shocking news , as I was only chatting to Glen at Cleethorpes weekender while we were waiting to get Spencer and Percy Wiggins autographs .He kindly offered to take photos for me with the Artists , and ironically we were both saying what a sad year it had been with the loss of Alan Pollard and Dave Pointon . Rest in peace Glen ......Eddie

Social source share

Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

If there is a "Soul Heaven" I am sure he is up there now searching out the artists.

I have good memories of Glenn.If there was an artist to meet we anoraks including Glenn would be there.If there was a stage to be at the front of the same faces would be quietly waiting and avoiding the dancers waiting for the acts to come on...including Glenn.

So sad.

regards

francis t

Social source share

Oh dear dear this is such a shame. My heartfelt condolences go out to his freinds and family. Such a nice chap Glen was.

Will pass on this news to friends in Congleton,who dont get on the internet, and who I know will be deeply saddened to hear this and am sure would like to pay their respect to Glen in some way.

Social source share

Oh this is desperately sad news.

As others have already posted, Glen was a number one soul brother and a really top bloke, great (dry) sense of humour, with a comprehensive knowledge of and committment to the rare soul scene.

I met Glen at Ady`s first weekender and we became firm friends, discovering that we grew up about 8 miles from each other in Cheshire and shared another common interest, that of following team in the lower reaches of the football league. We were quick to introduce each other to our friends and over the years have spent many brilliant times in the company of Glen, Gillian and the rest of the Macclesfield soul crowd. We would exchange tapes of tunes and latterly cd`s, as he introduced me to lots of great music from his collection.

My three abiding memories of Glen are the banter he received from all sides about his policy of buying two tickets to the 100 club anniversary all nighter just to secure 2 copies of the single!!: the second, his performance at every Cleethorpes weekender in the sunday afternoon quiz with the rest of the Macc crowd: and finally his determination to be last man standing in our chalet all nighter in the early years of Cleethorpes on the Sunday night having endured some serious partying from the Friday afternoon seemingly without taking a break.

My thoughts at this time are with Glens family and all the brilliant people from Macclesfield who will be rallying around Gillian and supporting her. Remember the good times guys, stay strong and try to smile a little if you can.

I shall be raising a glass or two to Glen over the weekend and will enjoy some of the significant sides he put me on to over the years.

Social source share

I am deeply saddened to hear this news. Glen was indeed one of the best; the cream of the crop.

I remember DJing for him on a few occasions and I always had the utmost respect for his passion and enthusiasm.

I offer my condolences to his family and friends

Andy Rix

Social source share

Here's a few pics as I'll always remember Glenn...

With Barbara Green post-1369-049138500 1277546981_thumb.jpg

With fellow Hitsvillers (Stood next to Deon Jackson).post-1369-042918700 1277546755_thumb.jpg

The "Famous Five"post-1369-055082500 1277546587_thumb.jpg

some nice photos Dave thanks ....spoke to Glen before the Chicago trip and he said that he had been in touch with Barbara Green and was pleased as punch when she turned up......

Social source share

Couple more pics of Glen how I'll remember him:

Enjoying a 'liquid lunch" post-1369-027360700 1277547607_thumb.jpg

Having lunch with Deon Jackson. post-1369-014030200 1277547706_thumb.jpg

You'll be missed Mate, that's for sure. sad.gif

Regards,

Dave

nice photos Dave.. Really nice... not easy to look at them mind.... not easy at all...

Life just aint fair sometimes....

Regards to all Glens close mates and family..

Steve

Social source share

John Smith kindly informed Carole and I of the real sad news about Glenns sudden death. We first met Glenn & Jill at the soul weekender in Las Vegas organised by John Smith. Had the best time ever and we became firm friends with Glenn & Jill. We were welcomed into the Macca crowd and felt one of them. We now live in Australia but the shock is still real and deep. Enjoy everyday as if its your last because one day it will be! Gill you are in our thoughts and prayers.

stunned

John & Carole Phillips

Gold Coast

Australia

Social source share

It's been such a terrible year, and Glen has become the latest in a, sadly, long list of friends that have left us, hopefully for a better place.

I got to know Glen probably twenty years ago when I had just started Soulful Kinda Music, he contributed occasionally, and bought every issue without fail. He also contributed to the website. Chats at many different venues led to a mutual respect, and quite a few beers, but, my lasting memory of Glen will be as one of the Macc Lads in the quiz at Cleethorpes weekender.

As a team they must have won it more often than anyone else, and no matter how hard Roger and I make the questions, the Macc Lads still manage to suss most of the answers.

Rest In Peace my friend.

Social source share

Guest alvincash

Absolutely so sad to hear about the loss of our dear mate Glen. It's left a hole in all of our lives that will be impossible to fill. You will always be remembered Glen with deep affection.Our love and thoughts also go out to Gill, Louise and Kelly and all the family. God bless you Glen you were a true friend.

From Trevor Hartley,Phil Scott, Nidge Johnson, Andre ,Ena and all the Prince of Wales crowd.RIP

Social source share

We are absolutely devastated losing our soulmate Glenn. Words can't describe how we feel. Glenn my heart is broken - Jim.

You were the heart and soul of the macc lads - winning the quiz last week at cleethorpes was a brilliant accolade.

Dont know how we are going to carry on without you.

Our heartfelt sympathies go out to you Gill, Louise, Kelly and the rest of the family.

One of Glenns favourite 45's was Mr Heartache by Freddie Scott - thats how we feel now

We'll never forget you, rest in peace Glenn

Liz and Jim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert