Rarest White Demo

• Replies 298
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Nice, I was begining to think this was an urban myth as I've personally never seen one

I think there where quite a few of us that want to the Mecca at the this was played, that had The Players (Cameo) "Find My Way" demo. :yes:

I never knew that people thought it was a urban myth. :lol:

Social source share

Old as this post is, so apologies if I've already mentioned it ('cos I can't be assed ploughing through it), but I think white demos of "Every Now and Then" by Cletus Marland on Geneva have got to be up there with the rarest white demos.

I think Mark Bicknell had my copy (only one I'd seen or know of) when I sold it - am I right, Mark?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I think there where quite a few of us that want to the Mecca at the this was played, that had The Players (Cameo) "Find My Way" demo. :yes:

Honestly Dave , I've never seen one !.........Mind you, I dont spend half my life looking through boxes like I used to do. :no: How often do they come up & how much ?

Social source share

err...Tim....I never yet seen a W/D of the Superlatives :g: ,could you put up a label scan,and also whilst on the subject of W/D mmos,it would be nice to drool over the Gwen Owens if you still have it ? :hatsoff2: thanks,

Rob.

I had one up for sale on here last year and the general opinion was that it was a pale blue one that had somehow got washed out just leaving white

Social source share

Nice, I was begining to think this was an urban myth as I've personally never seen one

Yes but this isn't a demo its just a regular issue that was withdrawn/changed when The Players were made to change their name under pressure from The Ohio Players

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Is the Sandra Richardson in your possesion Ian? I won one one ebay once,white demo on the scan.Arrived,,its orange.Only wanted it if it was white.Seller's answer - bad scan.Oh well........

Hi Kev,

I've owned a copy of the SR white demo, sold it via my website or ebay several years back. Never seen another one, got to be a really tough one! Scan of my old copy:

post-4964-0-28485000-1316345988.jpg

Social source share

Hi Kev,

I've owned a copy of the SR white demo, sold it via my website or ebay several years back. Never seen another one, got to be a really tough one! Scan of my old copy:

post-4964-0-28485000-1316345988.jpg

Hi Adam.Can't see a demo stamp etc,on the label.It does look like a normal white label.Its not a rare colour variation is it.?(red,orange,white).

Social source share

Hi Adam.Can't see a demo stamp etc,on the label.It does look like a normal white label.Its not a rare colour variation is it.?(red,orange,white).

Interesting point Kev, there was no 'DJ Only' or similar text on the label. I still have copies of the red, orange and blue/green label variants and the text/layout on those match the white one, so maybe it is juat another colour variation.

Social source share

Is the Sandra Richardson in your possesion Ian? I won one one ebay once,white demo on the scan.Arrived,,its orange.Only wanted it if it was white.Seller's answer - bad scan.Oh well........

Yep, still here Kev. Open to offers if anyone wants it. Surprisingly it's never been a major fave of mine but that white promo was kinda irresistible when I picked it up...........

Ian D :D

Social source share

Yes but this isn't a demo its just a regular issue that was withdrawn/changed when The Players were made to change their name under pressure from The Ohio Players

Cheers Paul

Paul, You could be right about the Players being a issue, but when I saw the scan that Andy Rex but up, my 1st thoughts where that's what we all had back in the day. :thumbsup:

Martyn, No idea what this goes for now, but it was about £2 at the time. :lol:

P. S. I have checked the scan again and it is the same as my old copy. :yes:

Reguards Dave.

Social source share

I put one up on post #186 - strange, not in my uploads for this post - had to upload it again

post-4623-0-11994500-1316109339_thumb.jp

Cheers

Mick

Mick I am somewhat undecided as to your scan,it looks like Pet's washed out copy,no mention of "promo" anywhere,and does'nt look "white" or "advanced not for sale" type disc....so I challenge that the Superlatives exists on an authentic W/D...maybe Paul Kyser could shed some truth on the matter ? :shades:

Social source share

Does it mention DJ copy anywhere, it just looks washed out to me? :g:

Superlatives that is!

Was thinking the same, looks like my faded blue issue. :thumbup:

Don't think it's "washed out" or bleached etc, surely the "Uptite" label title would be greyish, and it still looks black to me. Agree no mention of "DJ" "PROMO" or "ADVANCE" etc anywhere on the label so maybe it is just a very rare colour variation

Social source share

Mick I am somewhat undecided as to your scan,it looks like Pet's washed out copy,no mention of "promo" anywhere,and does'nt look "white" or "advanced not for sale" type disc....so I challenge that the Superlatives exists on an authentic W/D...maybe Paul Kyser could shed some truth on the matter ? :shades:

Rob

You could be right - I saw the one Pete put up last year and it was the same (not the same copy, but the same white stained labels both sides).

When I got mine (6 or 7 years ago) I thought from looking at the image it was probably a washed out blue or yellow, but when i saw it in the flesh there was absolutely no hint of either of those colours, so I began to think it was genuinely white.

The general opinion, based on viewing scans rather than the actual record, is that it is just water damaged stock, so you could be right. Maybe the ink was of a type that would wash out completely.

As to Paul Kyser shedding some truth on it, I'm sure he would find more than a couple of brand new white demos if you asked him.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Don't think it's "washed out" or bleached etc, surely the "Uptite" label title would be greyish, and it still looks black to me. Agree no mention of "DJ" "PROMO" or "ADVANCE" etc anywhere on the label so maybe it is just a very rare colour variation

Talking of bleached or washed out records etc, There was a Earl Wright on Capitol doing the rounds in salebox late 70s.

Anyway the "Thumb A Ride" side was white but the black writing had not faded, the other side was quite normal colouring.

It was been talked about before on here, that a certain person from York getting very excited when he saw it. :lol:

Social source share

• 10 years later...

this is a pretty rare track on WD, Troy Dodds - I'm so in Love with you / Count of Love.  'I'm so in Love with you' is the same song different cut of his Penthouse release 'Rise up and walk'. either that or they pushed the backing to the back, pummped up his vocal, either way The Daytona one is allot better:-)2028954993_TroyDodds-ImSoInLoveWithYou.thumb.jpg.10b2ea066fda6b657173b5642b49f056.jpg

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert