Your All Time Favourite Rca Release ?

Mrtag

Judy Freeman & Black Rock for the full title.

If any seasoned Soul fans from Norwich are reading this then they may know a guy called Paul Moore (Moorso) and they may remember that we used to sing Paul Moore to the refrain of Hold On (go on, put it on and sing it and you'll see....).

Mick

just sold it . could never understand what the fuss was about .words are inprinted in my head everytime i played it .once saying over the mic i think thats called er? hold on . anyway eah to there own for me its got to be the exciters

Social source share

The Brothers-not Northern And no way soul!

Funny you should say that,Because i said the same back in 76-77,

It did not stop myself or other people dancing to it,Or the same people buying it BACK IN THE DAY,

It was played at ns venues so what more do you want,,

And it WAS released on R.C.A.

Social source share

the old "elvis sound alike" roy hamilton does it for me with heartache hurry on by, closlely followed by sharon scott "id like to know" and the metros since i found my baby, both sharon scott and the metros were tracks i remember from years ago when you got records cheap and eventually sold them for whatever reason, the roy hamilton track i heard for the first time about 3 years ago, and wow, its just perfection,

Social source share

the old "elvis sound alike" roy hamilton does it for me with heartache hurry on by, closlely followed by sharon scott "id like to know" and the metros since i found my baby, both sharon scott and the metros were tracks i remember from years ago when you got records cheap and eventually sold them for whatever reason, the roy hamilton track i heard for the first time about 3 years ago, and wow, its just perfection,

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

For me my fav track on RCA is also my fav Northern soul track

Sam Cooke - Sugar Dumpling - everything about that song makes me want to dance and even have it as my ringtone.

other tracks close to my fav's

Beverly Ann - He's Coming Home

Laura Greene - Moonlight Music and Me

Paul Anka - When We Get There

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

like most of you I've known and loved all of the obvious northern things, but I only heard Sonny Til - "Tears and misery" for the first time about 3 years ago, and it still makes me shiver !

:thumbup:

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=RosBg3P8XC4

cheers,

Denny

Thanks for this post, nice choon, just added to the want list. How much does it go for-anyone?. With regards to my fave, must admit first record to pass through my mind was same as Mark (Faye Crawford) but it is tough there have been some beauties.

DJ

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Hang on a minute......What about 'Can't Help Loving You'-Paul Anka......Brilliant in every way.... :thumbup:

Shame I would of thought Phil you could have moved away from the orange play safe labels with white graphics, turn it up eighties my lad - The Jammers, Micheal Wycoff and Kenny Burke.

But thanks to Baz M for Everett Blood Hollins 1 x RCA offering How Have You Been RCA 10114 and the later RCA 11373 - Heaven Must Have Known.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

For me my fav track on RCA is also my fav Northern soul track

Sam Cooke - Sugar Dumpling - everything about that song makes me want to dance and even have it as my ringtone.

other tracks close to my fav's

Beverly Ann - He's Coming Home

Laura Greene - Moonlight Music and Me

Paul Anka - When We Get There

I thought you were going to miss this one!! and it was started with you in mind!! Atb John. :D:rolleyes:

Social source share

For me..

The Exciters - Blowing up my mind

Cause it's f**kin awsome - just never tire of this stormer! :rolleyes:

ATB

Greg..

Adey played this at the 100.First time i'd danced to it since i was 18.

2 Carolyn's to throw in the mix -

Cooke - I dont mind

Franklin - Reality (Torch tune? PD?).

And Bobbettes - Face the world.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Kenny Carter "Showdown"

Magnificent.

:lol:

Sean

I knew someone was going to beat me with that.

There is very very few recordings with that much soul.

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I'm feeling brave so I'll admit that when I was at school I liked "Devils Drive" by Big Boris.

Not soul, not American, not very trendy, but who cares?

It had a great bass line.

Big Boris was a pseudonym for arranger Johnny Arthey.

Paul

So does that mean the rumour of Big Boris being a Jamaican musician resident in the UK is untrue then? Or was it just confusing Johnny Arthey with his work for labels like Trojan? :thumbsup:

Social source share

====================================================================================================

It has to be the Metros...............the production is so dark and menacing!!!

Would you want your 16 year old daughter going out with Percy when he's in this mood???(LOL)

I Guess Not! ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!