Covid and Events

Soulhock

22 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Double jab fine, should stop you from becoming seriously  ill but does not stop you from picking the infection up from someone carrying the infection and passing it on to those who are vulnerable 😷    

So what you saying.  Stay in forever even if double jabbed in case u pass it on to someone vulnerable? If thats the case lifes done!

Social source share

Now that as of today's ministerial briefings 'vaccine passports' seem likely for mass indoor entertainment events after end of September in UK, it will be interesting to see if that has any requirement upon bigger or any events in the Soul scene(s).

Edited by Thinksmart
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Thinksmart said:

Now that as of today's ministerial briefings 'vaccine passports' seem likely for mass indoor entertainment events after end of September in UK, it will be interesting to see if that has any requirement upon bigger ir any events in the Soul scene(s).

Mass indoor entertainment. Apparently  It's for venues of 500 and more in Scotland,  hopefully this fcukwit government will decide like the Welsh have that it's a no go as been to discriminatory 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Not sure if you can draw any conclusions but I've been to 6 events and not heard of any infections. A work colleague in her 20's has been to a couple of gigs and got "pinged" twice within 7 days. Both times she got a negative PCR test after being pinged and she's double jabbed too anyway. I'm guessing it's the age group difference though?

She also went to two weddings and a hen do in Brighton but nothing from them.

Edited by Timillustrator
Social source share

10 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

Not sure if you can draw any conclusions but I've been to 6 events and not heard of any infections. A work colleague in her 20's has been to a couple of gigs and got "pinged" twice within 7 days. Both times she got a negative PCR test after being pinged and she's double jabbed too anyway. I'm guessing it's the age group difference though?

She also went to two weddings and a hen do in Brighton but nothing from them.

Plenty of talk of people catching the virus on other Social Media platforms, Cleethorpes, events in the midlands, one in Lincs where a couple went knowing they had the virus but were not suffering, Brighton weekender apparently and other venues.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Watched Boris on BBC News Channel today and was quite suprised  that of all the people sat behind him you could count the amount of people wearing face coverings on one hand but over on the opposition side face coverings very much in evidence unless stood up to speak, considering it was packed and and everyone sat close to one another for his immportant announcement it did not come over as a shineing example to viewers,

Sorry to put this in here as it is not an event but i thought was important to share,   

The above post removed!

Current affairs is the place for such discussion

This is a topic about covid event related discussion

Ask all to keep it to that

Can use our 'current affairs forum' if you really feel a need to discuss on here such subjects as mps face coverings

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/137-current-affairs/

Social source share

It has never gone away, or been anywhere near it.  So greater crowds, closer together means it is going to happen,

The fact that the delta varient spreads easier but is less severe for the majority is a bit of a double edged sword as individuals carrying more likely to mix without being aware they have it.

Time will tell whether we can live a normal(ish) life throughout the autumn/winter. 

Although I stopped going to do's eons ago I have been to test match/races and can't say I have been concerned, though I'm aware that I have put myself at slight risk.  Not sure I would feel the same inside a sweaty, busy club.

I am happy with the proposed move to show double vacced at busy events.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

As stated a thousand time single double or soon to be triple vacc does not stop you getting it.

The virus can live for ages apparently on lots of surfaces, so an infected cleaner could leave a trail of hot spots for incoming punters to " catch it"

Its just a lottery at the end of the day, but in terms of probability of catching it, the less contact you have with others, the less chance of catching it.

The same can be said about most viruses.

As in 1916 to 1921...inevitably we as a race will have to live with it.

I read that the vaccine rate in Africa and other poorer countries is well under 10% and Europe and the USA/Canada is approaching 80%.

I really hope the catch up can happen soon.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Due to my wifes' vulnerability following a kidney transplant three years ago, I have avoided attending any indoor events through fear of passing on any infection to her, since the lockdown was lifted! Attended my first football match in South Wales just over a fortnight ago, and came back with Covid.....Knocked me sideways for several days, alas passed it on to my wife who has been very poorly with it! Both of us double jabbed, and now she's "doubled up"

It's out there....Be Careful.....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

No problem.

I just hope it won't be too long before free instant covid tests will be available when entering events and busy building etc.

Ed

It wont be long before some sort of passport or test is needed at larger events. Have been informed random tests will be performed at the leicester v man city game on Saturday.  

Social source share

17 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Actually being double vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of catching it . It greatly reduces the chances of serious illness and also greatly reduces the chances of spreading it. It doesn't 100% stop you getting it but greatly improves your chances anyone stating otherwise should do some research. 

17 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Actually being double vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of catching it . It greatly reduces the chances of serious illness and also greatly reduces the chances of spreading it. It doesn't 100% stop you getting it but greatly improves your chances anyone stating otherwise should do some research. 

If that's the case how come 35% of the current hospital admissions are double vaccinated? We are told the efficacy starts to decline at after 5 months and at 6 months we will need more vaccine. That's probably why the Government  ordered what at the time appeared ludicrously high volumes of the vaccine. I still believe it's all smoke and mirrors because if they told us the real scenario they'd have a rebellious population on their hands. 

My take on it as far as events are concerned? Go while you can because I don't you'll be able to by mid November. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

again we are going down the road of talking more about the actual virus rather than talking about event related effects of the virus

understand that it may/can be hard separating the discussion as above and that there will always be some crossover

but it needs to be done, otherwise we (the team) will have no choice but to move the topic to 'current affairs' if the topic goes further  down that road

as requested please try and keep the discussion in this topic to covid event related discussion

Can use our 'current affairs forum' if wish to talk further on covid

thanks

Social source share

10 hours ago, Source said:

again we are going down the road of talking more about the actual virus rather than talking about event related effects of the virus

understand that it may/can be hard separating the discussion as above and that there will always be some crossover

but it needs to be done, otherwise we (the team) will have no choice but to move the topic to 'current affairs' if the topic goes further  down that road

as requested please try and keep the discussion in this topic to covid event related discussion

Can use our 'current affairs forum' if wish to talk further on covid

thanks

post regarding stats split of and moved to a covid topic in current affairs forum

Social source share

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Omricon - just named as the new variant and there seems to be some level of worry / panic

Might this be the next lock down

Please don't shoot the messenger

Don't think so, still on plan A according to the latest news but you never know with this fcukwit government,

Got to many venues i want to go so they cant. 😁👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Don't think so, still on plan A according to the latest news but you never know with this fcukwit government,

Got to many venues i want to go so they cant. 😁👍

I hope for your sake you're right Steve, but as a gambler I wouldn't take short odds on it.  Our next door neighbours are from South Africa and went back for the first time in 3 years last week.  Due back next week, but won't be rushing to see them.

Social source share

It was stated by scientists many months ago that mutations of the virus are fairly easy to change the vaccine for. Also they are developing a pill to take in the fairly near future. All of this of course doesn't stop sky news and such like trying to scare people for clickbait purposes. In the real world if you have had your jabs and booster you have a very good chance of not catching covid and not ending up in hospital. My mrs works for the nhs and the vast percentage of admissions are UN vaccinated people. But as always believe what you want to believe.  Have a great day.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Under the plans people going to nightclubs and dance halls, alongside mass-audience events, will be required to show a Covid pass – displaying evidence of either two jabs or a recent negative test – as a condition of entry.

Now I'm thinking off Allnighters here..if you read below it would seem after 1 am the 'rules change'
How is this gonna effect Allnighters...are they resourced to check on Covid Passports ?? Are venues gonna be amenable to policing this ?
Seems to me...these rules are taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut !!

The newly published regulations also make clear that other “late night dance venues” will also be required to use the pass. The government has defined these venues as anywhere that opens
between 1am-5am,
serves alcohol after 1am,
has a dance floor or space for dancing, and
provides music, whether live or recorded, for dancing.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Jez Jones said:

Under the plans people going to nightclubs and dance halls, alongside mass-audience events, will be required to show a Covid pass – displaying evidence of either two jabs or a recent negative test – as a condition of entry.

Now I'm thinking off Allnighters here..if you read below it would seem after 1 am the 'rules change'
How is this gonna effect Allnighters...are they resourced to check on Covid Passports ?? Are venues gonna be amenable to policing this ?

The newly published regulations also make clear that other “late night dance venues” will also be required to use the pass. The government has defined these venues as anywhere that opens
between 1am-5am,

Funny how the rules change after 1am...making soul nights ok and after 1am allnighters a doubt

• Up vote 2
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Funny how the rules change after 1am...making soul nights ok and after 1am allnighters a doubt

Well thats it...are we now saying Covid is clever and comes out to play after 1am lol

But joking apart...how I read this...is events open between 1am - 5am are scuppered......which means NO allnighters unless someone can show me different

Granted venues are open IF you provide proof ..but how they gonna be checked ????     door  protocol isn't exemplary on this scene 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Jez Jones said:

between 1am-5am,

it works better if posting anything that is 'official' like the above, you also post a link to where the info was taken as well

can ya do that asp ?

thanks

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Source said:

it works better if posting anything that is 'official' like the above, you also post a link to where the info was taken as well

can ya do that asp ?

thanks

ok here is a link ..its only a basic internet search result.. there are loads out there to choose from

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/venues-require-covid-passport-december-22453056

• Thanks 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Steviehay said:

its daft,so an all dayer constitutes more hours than a nighter ,covid is a night time thing then ????

No idea if I'm correct, but my guess is they think more alcohol/drugs people less in control and more likely to spread the virus.  Which is probably wrong anyway, given how it's spreading already.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Jez Jones said:

Well thats it...are we now saying Covid is clever and comes out to play after 1am lol

But joking apart...how I read this...is events open between 1am - 5am are scuppered......which means NO allnighters unless someone can show me different

Granted venues are open IF you provide proof ..but how they gonna be checked ????     door  protocol isn't exemplary on this scene 🙂

It's not that hard though. I've been to a couple of gigs in recent months where they needed this. In both cases there was one person on the line asking to look at everyones phone for the QR code and then waving them in. Younger demographic perhaps though because 100% of attendees had a smartphone which may not be the case at every soul do.

Social source share

7 hours ago, Jez Jones said:

Where does it state that events after 1am are scuppered?  It doesn't, it states they need to show the covid passport/certificate for late night venues and gives a description of a late night venue

Government site 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/carrying-out-mandatory-covid-19-status-checks-at-your-venue-or-event#overview-of-the-rules

As for checks, its pretty simply, you download the certificate to your phone, we had to do it to get into Dab weekender in Wales last month, was all pretty straight forward.  Or you can download and print your pass or get the NHS to send you a copy.  Its all pretty simply.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

And there is one of the reasons Im not out playing. The first events to give the finger to any restrictions will be full to the rafters. 

And before I get the standard ( what about infections ) . Remember a few years ago that bird flue was the next Anthrax. Well bird flue is rife at the moment. Not on mainstream though is it. . 

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Mssoulie said:

And there is one of the reasons Im not out playing. The first events to give the finger to any restrictions will be full to the rafters. 

And before I get the standard ( what about infections ) . Remember a few years ago that bird flue was the next Anthrax. Well bird flue is rife at the moment. Not on mainstream though is it. . 

best if try and keep the topic about covid restrictions related to events 

expanding things to cover anthrax and bird flu ain't really welcome

thanks !

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!