• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Imperial C said:

Just noticed this has had a release on Kent recently, got to say this is more of that Other Level Soul that attacks all the senses in a very pleasant way. Got the album last year, but great to see a 45 that will hopefully get spins aplenty.

very much in the ilk of am i the same girl ??? tune though

Edited by Source
post in quote sorted
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, TheeHitch said:

These “unidentified group” records though! You’d think a member of the group would search for it and then name the group they were in 🙂

I think it's often the case with unidentified recordings/acetates the track was never released, and artists or band members have no reason to search.

I have had contact with group members/performers in the case of identified unreleased tracks. (I know the thread is about female garage/soul, but I think my reply is relevant to your question.) This next tune, a male garage/soul effort is the best example:

I managed to track down one of the members of the group who recorded that track and that led to me getting the life story of the band, which I put online:

https://saturdayscrowd.wordpress.com

<Slight topic digression ends>

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, TheeHitch said:

As a fan of both Northern and 60’s garage I’m always intrigued by records that sit right on the cusp of the 60’s girls garage sound and Northern soul sound. Not easy to find but Why I Love You by The Ultimates is one such record in my opinion! Anyone know any more?? Hitch 

@Amsterdam Russ - there is plenty known about the Ultimates. Numero & Brewerytown beats did some stuff, and i have some recent newspaper stuff on them-if interested?

Edited by Kenb
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Kenb said:

there is plenty known about the Ultimates. Numero did some stuff, and i have some recent newspaper stuff on them-if interested?

That was the OP, Ken, not me. My reading is that 'Anyone know any more?" ask "Any other tunes like this (female garage/soul)?" rather than "know anything about The Ultimates?" At least I think that's what I think. :rofl:

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

That was the OP, Ken, not me. My reading is that 'Anyone know any more?" ask "Any other tunes like this (female garage/soul)?" rather than "know anything about The Ultimates?" At least I think that's what I think. :rofl:

Ah-Got ya,👍

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I can't resist I'm afraid. Another from me which I hope will stir some more peace diggin. This one was instant for me and my reaction was the usual colourful version of What on earth Is this. 😊. Reminds me of the Skull Snaps. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert