A Big Thanks To Mike

Craig W

Certain things are taken for granted and when they are taken away it is hard to imagine life without them especially when they dont cost you a penny and give you superb enjoyment and pleasure at the expense of someone elses hard work , time and cost as is the case with The Soul Club website.

So I think a big big thanks is due to Mike Hughes for Soul Source who has provided this superb outlet for the past few years which has given so much pleasure and information to anyone who has been lucky enough to be involved with it and in my opinion has played a major part in the progression of the modern day rare soul scene and should be totally appreciated for this.

Thanks Mike.

Social source share

• Replies 49
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Certain things are taken for granted and when they are taken away it is hard to imagine life without them especially when they dont cost you a penny and give you superb enjoyment and pleasure at the expense of someone elses hard work , time and cost as is the case with The Soul Club website.

So I think a big big thanks is due to Mike Hughes for Soul Source who has provided this superb outlet for the past few years which has given so much pleasure and information to anyone who has been lucky enough to be involved with it and in my opinion has played a major part in the progression of the modern day rare soul scene and should be totally appreciated for this.

Thanks Mike.

Here here :D top notch stuff Mike

Thank you

xxx

Social source share

Thanks Mike.

Well said Craig, it is easy to take things for granted. Thanks Mike. :D

BTW Craig, are you after a moderators job ? biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well said Craig, it is easy to take things for granted. Thanks Mike. :D

BTW Craig, are you after a moderators job ? biggrin.gif

Depends on the hours, pay and company pension. I've heard the current moderators are on £20 an hour , work 100 hours a week and retire on full pay when they are 50. So yes.

Social source share

Thanks Mike.

Ditto :D

Social source share

===========

Good point Craig, totally agree with you. Nice one Mike :D

Winnie;-)

Finally an topic that isn't controversial and can't develop into a newies/oldies/pressings/ovo/youngsters/etiquette debate ............. or can it??? :Dwink.gif

I think you are wrong there Win. :D

Social source share

Yeah, big ups to Mike and the gang. I always recommend this site to anyone who doesn't know about it. There's always something to learn here and if it disappeared tomorrow I'd be well pee'd off.

I've got cancer now which has spread to my brain and I'll probably be dead this time next year, but clicking on here always cheers me up.

Long live Soul-Source.

Social source share

Thanks Mike :Dwink.gif ! Strange how this place has become a part of my everyday life. While I am at it...Thanks to everyone else who's ever helped me on here, or just left a smart ass response! :D

Social source share

I second that emotion - so often hard work is taken for granted. I also spend time on a football site for my home town team and when the forum crashed it was like losing a limb. Well done MIke Great environment for all soul fans. Make sure it never splinetrs into sectarian factions, my collection goes from rare northern to funk and deep and back again long live the voice.

Social source share

They're not in it for the money Craig. Believe me. :D

:D You mean there all on a power trip :D

Jokes aside.......l couldn't have put it better Craig, since joining my knowlage has doubled and the best of all have met so many really good friends through this site so well done to Mike, long time moderator Nick, and the rest of the team old and new keep it up thumbsup.gif Apart from that mr Higgins :D

Social source share

thumbsup.gif You mean there all on a power trip :D

Jokes aside.......l couldn't have put it better Craig, since joining my knowlage has doubled and the best of all have met so many really good friends through this site so well done to Mike, long time moderator Nick, and the rest of the team old and new keep it up :D Apart from that mr Higgins :D

thanks Baz. :D

seriously, this site is excellent. i am sure mike will agree that it will also go from strength to strength in the future too.

nice one Mike

Shane

Social source share

errr.. ever had that feeling that someone knows something you dont:)

nah... thanks for the thanks, all appreciated, would just like to say that the only reason site is where its at today, is due to the many involved with site, both moderators and members, past and present, who put in a lot of time and effort that often as it occurs in background, only one or two are aware of. Think its more than fair to say that without their efforts the site would be nowhere close to what it is today (or even still here :D )

thanks

mike

Edited by mike-
Social source share

Thanks Mike.

Mike.

Just to say that apart from being the wrong side of the Border :D you do a great job.

Steve

Social source share

errr.. ever had that feeling that someone knows something you dont:)

nah... thanks for the thanks, all appreciated, would just like to say that the only reason site is where its at today, is due to the many involved with site, both moderators and members, past and present, who put in a lot of time and effort that often as it occurs in background, only one or two are aware of. Think its more than fair to say that without their efforts the site would be nowhere close to what it is today (or even still here sad.gif )

thanks

mike

I think this is an important point Mike, that you have invited people to become involved in a responsible (mostly :D ) manner.

The sites that have struggled or dissapeared over the last few years such as KTF downloads, Soulclub, Northern soul music etc have all suffered apparently due to the cost of running the sites and also the time they require. I'm sure if people were aware of problems beforehand there would be no shortage of people willing to help out financially or with their time.

Since joining the site I have learned loads and also made some very good friends.

Thanks for the great job you've done.

Mark

Social source share

Yeah, big ups to Mike and the gang. I always recommend this site to anyone who doesn't know about it. There's always something to learn here and if it disappeared tomorrow I'd be well pee'd off.

I've got cancer now which has spread to my brain and I'll probably be dead this time next year, but clicking on here always cheers me up.

Long live Soul-Source.

:D Dave, i'm shocked mate, tell me this ain't true sad.gif

Lenny

Social source share

Thanks Mike.

Yes!!!! I know how hard Mike work's on this site. Hes up all hours of the night, as I see the light on when I go to work at 3.45am during the week. Nice one Mike.

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Guest stevemcmahon

Great job on the site, mike :D

Xcuse me for not knowing but have you ever had specific Soul-Source parties? Be kinda cool to all congregate in one venue now and again.. :(

Social source share

And I'll just add me pennies worth .... it's a fab site and met sooooo many lovely people over the last 12 months who I can class as "mates" ... too many but special ones are all on stoke thread and KarenC who was a great help at a dull time .. thanks girl .

Mike, you're brill, I really don't know how you do it, you're always so busy but always got time for us lot of "mods" moaning, groaning, passing the blame :D , well done young Man, lots of beer in stall at the Stoke Dayer for you.

The only down side is that I was going on SS so much at work that eventually they took internet off my PC :D :angry: . Start a new job next week so we'll see what I can do there :(

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

Had been looking at the site pics & flyers for a few years and stumbled on the forum about a year ago in search of Deon Jackson.

Jon Buck's pics in the gallery ! - Mello Souls by Hippo (I think) in the sounds gallery ! - Numerous flyers & artists etc to graze .... But best of all the members forum. Friendly, funny & knowledgeable Soul Folk.

Priceless. Cheers Mike. :D

Social source share

This is without doubt one of the worst sites i have ever been on, and is the reason why i hardly use it........

:D ..........Just joking........Hats Off to "The Man" :(

Social source share

Got to admit its a become a daily part of my life...even at times when I can't get out and about I've been able to keep up with whats been going on on the soul scene...so a big thanks from me too :D

Also, for the many chuckles that its members have provided for me on a really down day.. and the amount of times I've had to clean the pc screen after spitting various liquid refreshments at it after happening upon a particularly hilarious thread....many many thanks :( Please keep up the good work :D

Social source share

So nice to see all the comments on here to a top bloke...Without soul source we would have never known there is life in Sheffield,Rugby and many many more places that aint on the map.. laugh.gif ..We have all met so many nice people (and a few not so nice :D )from being on here and i know people like Joan,Rachel,Dave,Shane and many more would not have a life without it :( ..Through soul source i met Brett and he got me off the waggon on back onto the wonders of all day/night drinking...People use this site for many reasons,some have even got dates and sexy encounters :P ..Its part of daily life now and just what is needed for a bunch of sad folk who never go out..Long may it shine and god bless all (well most) who have nothing better to do...

I am glad i met Mike Hughes,he helped keep rare soul alive along with many others on here...He gave Shane a job :( and got him off the streets..Keep smiling and speak to you all soon because you aint got nowt else to do...

steve...

Soul or Nothing..

Social source share

Not been on here for a couple of days... so have just read all of this

Top site and thanks Mike and everyone else involved :D

because of the input on here it helps when buying stuff.. recomendations ... boots or originals...etc...

So I extend my thanks to everyone else for there input... I feel a bit of love coming on ... laugh.gif better go again :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert