New Member - Lorraine Chandler

Hi Lorraine,

Greetings from Tokyo...where you are also much loved and respected :yes:

Yes, I was another one cheering you on when you appeared at the Stafford Allnighter back in the 8T's...can still recall that you made it look so easy singing out loud and proud...treasured memories!

Enjoy Soul-Source...and be prepared for the many questions I'm sure we'll fire at you!

Kind regards,

Flynny

:thumbsup:

Social source share

TOP tunes from a great artist meet you Eddie parker Pat lewis & Garland green Great Yarmouth weekender way back in 1991 still have the signed program being a collector of RCA 45's three great indemand tracks but the best track she done want you over looked by many so so good someone pick up on this 45

Will meet again & look forward to it

Chris

Cambridge

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi Paul,

I think rules have to be established, no dates or numbers that might reflect age! :yes: Who knew? I don't have copies of my records! Thanks for the kind words.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine, welcome to Soulsource.

As a new member a suggestion if you don't mind. When replying it's generally best if you press the QUOTE button.

Then reply under where it say /quote in brackets

Try it you'll see what I mean.

A lot easier and comes out with whatever you're answering and your reply all in one place, like this.

Social source share

Hi Lorraine

It's an honour to have you here among us. "I Can't Hold On" is still one of my favourite records of all time. You must have had a blast recording that. "Mend The Torn Pieces Of My Heart" is a fantastic peice of music too.

Dave

Social source share

Hi Lorraine , brilliant to have you contributing to Soul Source .Like many on here ,I enjoyed your stunning live performance at Stafford in the 80's with Eddie Parker , a very memorable night .Love not only your recordings , but also your productions and writing skills on many Detroit classic sides . Very best wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Bearsy,

Are you the birthday boy? If so, happy, happy! From one Taurean (April 29) to another, enjoy!

Yes, I do remember recording them. It was a fun time thinking you could sing, but really couldn't (I had so much to learn) but I was so enthusiastic about the music industry. I wanted to do it all, sing, write, and produce. Jack Ashford and Mike Terry took the time to bring out the best I could give. I love the shuffle feel of "What Can I Do" to Mike Terry's incredible solo on "She Don't Want You." Actually the band tracks turned me on. Those musicians were incredible! They made the songs come alive. To hear the piano version and the end result. Great arrangers like Herbie Williams, Joe Hunter, Paul Reiser, etc., all played a part to making it sound better. Many stories here, not enough time to tell.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

Greetings from Tokyo...where you are also much loved and respected :yes:

Yes, I was another one cheering you on when you appeared at the Stafford Allnighter back in the 8T's...can still recall that you made it look so easy singing out loud and proud...treasured memories!

Enjoy Soul-Source...and be prepared for the many questions I'm sure we'll fire at you!

Kind regards,

Flynny

Just been give instructions from Awkwright, and he's right. Replying like this is easier. You can always tell us virgins!

OKay,

Hi Flynny,

How come I don't get invited to these other countries? I had no idea I had folks there!

I still sing LOUD and proud. Don't think it will ever change. I'm ready for the questions, I just hope I have the memories to answer them.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine, welcome to Soulsource.

As a new member a suggestion if you don't mind. When replying it's generally best if you press the QUOTE button.

Then reply under where it say /quote in brackets

Try it you'll see what I mean.

A lot easier and comes out with whatever you're answering and your reply all in one place, like this.

Arkwright, hello!

Thank you and no I don't mind. This is sooo much easier. I'm a willing and quick learner.

Thanks for the welcome.

Lorraine

Social source share

TOP tunes from a great artist meet you Eddie parker Pat lewis & Garland green Great Yarmouth weekender way back in 1991 still have the signed program being a collector of RCA 45's three great indemand tracks but the best track she done want you over looked by many so so good someone pick up on this 45

Will meet again & look forward to it

Chris

Cambridge

Hi Chris,

I remember that gig. Don't do to many with Pat Lewis, so that one stands out. Good show. Good, were talking 90's now!

Yep, that She Don't Want You is a corker! Background is kicking and those musicians were playing! Wow, what a track. Good to hear from you.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine

It's an honour to have you here among us. "I Can't Hold On" is still one of my favourite records of all time. You must have had a blast recording that. "Mend The Torn Pieces Of My Heart" is a fantastic peice of music too.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, "Mend The Torn Pieces" is one of my faves. The melody is so nice and then it gets funky at the end. Of course I'm amazed of what songs are popular where. I thought "What Can I Do" would be the one when it's "I Can't Hold On" in North Wales. I love it either way.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine , brilliant to have you contributing to Soul Source .Like many on here ,I enjoyed your stunning live performance at Stafford in the 80's with Eddie Parker , a very memorable night .Love not only your recordings , but also your productions and writing skills on many Detroit classic sides . Very best wishes ,Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for the compliments! I enjoy singing and I'm glad you enjoyed the show and my work.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

A pleasure to hear from a true Legend.

I notice from your profile that you rate the Temptations as your top soul sound - any track/era in particular ?

Kev Bod. :thumbsup:

Hi Kev,

Yes, I do have some special ones, but it's their overall sound. They had have the same sound, no matter who's in the group for over 40 years! Is it Otis Williams' voice that we never hear or what!

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

A Great Big WELCOME to Soulsource.

It was great to meet you in Prestatyn this year, your show was FANTASTIC and THANKYOU for signing my copy of 'You Only Live Twice' and the spare autograph for my good friend John (who couldn't make it that night.) You truly are an amazing and talented Lady!

I'm sure there'll be lots of questions for you. Here's mine...I hope you can help with an answer.......:thumbsup:

A few friends and I were discussing Sandra Richardson's 'Stay With Me' ...a tremendous record..on InterSoul....and Carol Anderson's Tomorrow Is Not A Promise' on Soul 'O' Sonic. Did you have any involvement in the latter...another tremendous piece of soul. We were wondering if the labels were linked? as the artwork is very similar and the dates of the records are the same.

A PIED PIPER appears......and we follow.

Thank you so much for your contributions to Soul music...you deserve to take a bow.:thumbsup::yes::hatsoff2: ..and I hope there's more to come.:yes:

Lots of Soul love to you.

Kevin. x

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Hi Lorraine

Welcome to soul source, have to say its a honour to have you as a member

Am going to move this thread to the main forum as its evolving into a more wider type of thread

If you do have any questions about how site works just post up and am sure that members will be quick to help or advise

hope you enjoy

best

mike

Social source share

Just want to say HI and that I'm glad to participate in the forum. I hope I'm in the right place. You are my home away from home and I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and appreciate you all still supporting me.

Lorraine Chandler

We are not worthy !!

Welcome to Soulsource Lorraine .

Malc

Social source share

Just want to say HI and that I'm glad to participate in the forum. I hope I'm in the right place. You are my home away from home and I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and appreciate you all still supporting me.

Lorraine Chandler

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to soul source, I'm sure your'll lots of fun on here

Will look out for future post you put up,

All the best

Steve

Social source share

hi lorraine, huge welcome to you as you are truly one of the all time greats with huge respect on these shores, now if you could just send me all those unissued acetates and studio tapes i would be most grateful :yes:

look forward to you returning to the uk again, much respect :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest jerrio

HIYA LORRAINE AND A BIG WELCOME, I MET YOU AND EDDIE AT THE DARLINGTON ALLNIGHTER,AS BAZ SAYS A WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE,GREAT MEMORIES. THANK YOU. WRIGHTY.

Social source share

Bearsy,

Are you the birthday boy? If so, happy, happy! From one Taurean (April 29) to another, enjoy!

Yes, I do remember recording them. It was a fun time thinking you could sing, but really couldn't (I had so much to learn) but I was so enthusiastic about the music industry. I wanted to do it all, sing, write, and produce. Jack Ashford and Mike Terry took the time to bring out the best I could give. I love the shuffle feel of "What Can I Do" to Mike Terry's incredible solo on "She Don't Want You." Actually the band tracks turned me on. Those musicians were incredible! They made the songs come alive. To hear the piano version and the end result. Great arrangers like Herbie Williams, Joe Hunter, Paul Reiser, etc., all played a part to making it sound better. Many stories here, not enough time to tell.

Lorraine

LEGENDS - DETROIT SOUL ROYALTY... Lorraine here's a snippet of a few people you know.....

Best

Dave

Social source share

Bearsy,

Lorraine

HI LORRAINE AND A VERY WARM WELCOME TO ONE OF OUR HEROINES.

MANY STORIES ,NOT ENOUGH TIME TO TELL,WHY NOT CONVERT THEM INTO A BOOK :thumbsup:

KEV

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

Hi Chris,

I remember that gig. Don't do to many with Pat Lewis, so that one stands out. Good show. Good, were talking 90's now!

Yep, that She Don't Want You is a corker! Background is kicking and those musicians were playing! Wow, what a track. Good to hear from you.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine, welcome, great having you on soul source. I was just going to mention the Great Yarmouth gig in 1991. I've still got a photo from then of you and I, fond memories. I also think Ray Pollard was at that weekend also. Barry, KTF.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Tell me you're mine" top tune.

Social source share

WOW , welcome Lorraine . I hope your little fingers are ok after all the replying . Don't forget , if you need to know anything about yourself (musically )or any of your friends (musically ) you can get the info on here Soul-Source is full of Soul oricles :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tony

Social source share

Wow..........I think I'm in love :thumbsup: ..........so many happy memories of danciing to your records, you are a true soul LEGEND Lorraine, words arnt enough to reflect the way you have enhanced all of our soulful lives......the night I heard the previously unissued 'You Only Live Twice', the first night it was ever played out on the scene is indelibly etched in my mind........it blew the entire club away & the roof nearly went off the 100 Club.....that is one killa tune..........do you remember the session ???.

Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride......

Love, Peace n Soulfulness

Russ x

Social source share

Welcome aboard to soul source Lorraine. Seen you many a time live, always sends a tingle down my spine. A big thank you for your magical records over the years. As many times in the early hours of the morning my heart was pounding and many others were dancing to your records. What a lovely lady and a voice to die for.

Cheers Billy.

Ps.''You only live twice'. I like that quote Lorraine.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

a big welcome to the world of soul source lorraine...and a happy birthday to your old partner at pied piper ..black jack ashford.

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome aboard and many thanks for engaging with the most committed fans in the world. Obviously we love you!

I wish I'd had a video camera when I closed a particularly packed all-nighter at Cleethorpes Pier @ 8.00am in the morning with "I Can't Change" when the record was at it's zenith sometime around 1975/76.

If you can imagine 2,000 people dancing their hearts out to your record and the sound of the pier shaking to the reverberation of 4,000 stomping feet, so much so, that the sound could be heard for a 5 mile radius all around Cleethorpes, then you'll get some idea of how much your recordings are held in esteem over here! I still get a shiver down my spine and a beautiful memory every time I hear the record some 35 years later! A memory to cherish forever.

Now that you're here don't be a stranger!

Ian D X :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

A Great Big WELCOME to Soulsource.

It was great to meet you in Prestatyn this year, your show was FANTASTIC and THANKYOU for signing my copy of 'You Only Live Twice' and the spare autograph for my good friend John (who couldn't make it that night.) You truly are an amazing and talented Lady!

I'm sure there'll be lots of questions for you. Here's mine...I hope you can help with an answer.......:thumbsup:

A few friends and I were discussing Sandra Richardson's 'Stay With Me' ...a tremendous record..on InterSoul....and Carol Anderson's Tomorrow Is Not A Promise' on Soul 'O' Sonic. Did you have any involvement in the latter...another tremendous piece of soul. We were wondering if the labels were linked? as the artwork is very similar and the dates of the records are the same.

A PIED PIPER appears......and we follow.

Thank you so much for your contributions to Soul music...you deserve to take a bow.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..and I hope there's more to come.:thumbsup:

Lots of Soul love to you.

Kevin. x

Kev,

I remember, next time, let's take a few minutes to talk. Find me. I'm usually available a day or two before the show, not good right before the show, sorry, but excellent after the show. Love Sandra's singing and her take on the song. I think I can pat myself on the back for that one, great lyrics!

Carol Anderson on Soul'O'Sonic is Ernest Kelley, he could give you the background on that. I was not involved.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine

Welcome to soul source, have to say its a honour to have you as a member

Am going to move this thread to the main forum as its evolving into a more wider type of thread

If you do have any questions about how site works just post up and am sure that members will be quick to help or advise

hope you enjoy

best

mike

OK Mike, I'm sure they will correct me as I go along. I had no idea I would get this tearful. Trying to answer everyone. Move me if you must. Just have your way with me!

Social source share

Hey Lorraine-its great your on here, met you and Eddie Parker at a small club in CO DURHAM Darlington to be precise,the night before you played Stafford,you gave a fantastic performance as did Eddie "can you remember the visit?"

BAZ A

Hey BAZ A,

It's hard for me to remember last week! But I do remember the gig. I remember it because it was small club but the people were in to us. Sorry I don't remember you personally, but I'm glad we are getting re-aquainted.

Folks will have to give a shout out to Dave Thorley, he was one of the promoters at that time and responsible for the Stafford gig.

Lorraine

Social source share

Ah thats lovely Lorraine your humility definetly shines -the pleasure is all mine believe me,trying to sort out some pics from that night think it was 1983 or perhaps 82,ill get them posted if I can find them !!

Hey BAZ A,

It's hard for me to remember last week! But I do remember the gig. I remember it because it was small club but the people were in to us. Sorry I don't remember you personally, but I'm glad we are getting re-aquainted.

Folks will have to give a shout out to Dave Thorley, he was one of the promoters at that time and responsible for the Stafford gig.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hope your enjoying all the praise Lorraine, you deserve every bit of it, now go and tell Eddie to get his derriere on here as well.

Love

Dave

Dave,

You know I'm crying while typing, excuse me inputing. This would blow Eddie's mind. I sent Eddie an e-mail (regarding you) when you were here. He has to find his grandson to retrieve it! I know what this is doing to me, I don't want to kill the man. Just spoke to him to tell him off for not answering me, but I'll tell him. Don't blame me if he doesn't respond!

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to soul source, I'm sure your'll lots of fun on here

Will look out for future post you put up,

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm having a ball here. I see that you played Jackie Wilson. Like most artist, there is something that you like about other artist. I said, "if I could riff like Jackie Wilson, WOW!" But that is what made him great to me.

Lorraine

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!