Sad News Nige Shaw RIP was: Well Known Soul Sourcer Not To Well

this is a painful post to write..many of you know that me and nige werent on the best of terms and i have sent my good wishes privately through nige brown...i feel so bad for his family...his mum and dad maureen and monty...his sisters nettie linda and christine...his children leon and lisa ...and of course his son dominique who passed away at a young age...they are now re united...look after him dom...his grandsons thomas and callum.....a sad loss ...the soul scene will be a quieter shirt one from now on....

cookie laugh.gif

Social source share

• Replies 406
  • Views 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul99 easylay

I have just read this thread through, and have been deeply moved by all the heartwarming messages. I never knew Nigel, but one thing is patently clear, that he was obviously a very deeply loved and amazingly respected individual on the scene.

May I offer my very humble and deeply sincere condolensces to all his friends and family.

I hope that the warmth and sincerity of all your love and friendship for each other supports you all through this dark and painful time.

Much respect

Kev

Social source share

Guest ruppy

Very sad news of the death of a true gent.always had time to have a chat with anyone he knew or not.always smiling never once did i see Nige without a smile

Thanks to Ady his one ambition as a DJ was to DJ at the 100 club a wish granted a couple of months ago.john Poole for prestatyn his favorite weekender.

Thanks to Tracy for all her hard work in raising £600 at the cleathorpes weekender from all you people who donated to his fund which was going to be presented to him to take a holiday after his recovery .but sadly this was not to be.

My heart goe,s out to nige,s family and his close Friend Nige Brown at this sad time

The allnighters you graced will sadly miss you.the tunes you loved will keep spinning for you.

RIP

Mick & Mandy H

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Both Tracy and I had got to know Nig very well over the last two years,We always had a laugh when we were out with his 'Dad' Nig B.Will always remember him DJing at the 100club this year,he was so proud.You will be sorely missed my friend and Soul Brother.

Condolences to Nig's family,Linsay and of coarse his Bro' Nig B.

R.I.P Nig'

Your good friends

Molly & Tracy xxx

Edited by MOLLY
Social source share

I don't know what to say i really don't no what to say............Be at peace Nige, I had a few good nights out with Nige Brown and Nige in recent years, loud shirts, loud music, always had a beer or six, always put the world to rights on the way home, had a brilliant weekend down in Weston Super Mare a few years back, fantastic company, more beers...gotta go i'm breaking up inside..........

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!

JUST AFTER 6PM THIS EVENING MY BEST FRIEND LOST HIS BATTLE

NIGE SHAW WAS MY SOUL MATE

HES BEEN WITH ME ON THE SCENE SINCE 1973

I CANT IMAGINE HIM NOT BEEING THERE ANYMORE

I CANT TYPE ANY MORE FOR NOW

LINDA HAS ASKED NOT TO BE CONTACTED FOR A FEW HOURS THE FAMILY ARE DEVISTATED

GOD BLESS NIGE IL LOVE YOU AS A BROTHER FOREVER IL WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU " MY SON"

GOD BLESS

NIGE "BROWNY" BROWN

I,m trying to type this thru the tears. God bless mate. i will see you when i get there

Steve n Lou

Social source share

when I spent a year in the UK a few years ago, NigeS (through NigeB) sorted me for a lift and place to stay a couple of times. He always gave you a big smile and chats for ages, usually throwing in some pretty bad jokes to make you cringe, until you smiled back. He always wore his heart on his floral sleeve and is one of the few people that talked about real things in their lives (like his lost son), rather than just the dribble of soul night small-talk (although he could do that too). I never thought he'd actually walk the Inca Trail last year, but he did. Back then he said he could die happy now. As usual I cursed him back and he knew the latest wind-up had worked laugh.gif

It's strange to think that we'll never bump into him again, very hard to believe right now

....rest in peace mate....

m

Social source share

Guest Craig the Manc

My thoughts and wishes to all concerned esp Browny..Brothers in arms.

RIP

Craig.

Edited by Craig the Manc
Social source share

Its taken me this long to be able to write anything.Nige was a really good mate to me and I loved him like a brother and I am sorely going to miss talking to him.

This is how I want to remember him, DJing at the 100 Club, he was so proud that night.

God bless you Nige

To Niges parents,his sisters,his children and grandchildren, to Lindsay and NigeB my deapest and heartfelt condolences.

Karen xxx

post-1312-1150402664.jpg

Social source share

Guest Basingstokie Sarah

A sad , sad day for the whole of the 'scene' and anyone who had the honour of meeting one of the nicest guys on it.

Our thoughts go out to all that knew Nige, but especially to his family and of course Nige B.

You will always be in our hearts and minds.

We shall never forget you Nige.

With deepest sympathy and love

Sarah and Dave Evison laugh.gif

Social source share

Very sad about Nigel.

first met him at top at the world when I was 15- pre Soul nights and allnighters- when Gary Glitter was on of all people.

Later I used to see the two Nigels and their friend Ronnie at the top at the world soul nights on a monday when I was 16. Years later when we met again at Bretby and he was pleased I'd remembered him from all those years ago.He used to look very smart with his jacket on.

RIP Nigel

from

Sue and Chris [stafford]

Condolences to his family and Nigel B

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

GOD BLESS NIGE IL LOVE YOU AS A BROTHER FOREVER IL WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU " MY SON"

GOD BLESS

NIGE "BROWNY" BROWN

Meet Nige a few times allways and time to chat a nice chap and a very good dj

R.I.P Nige a sad loss

Social source share

post-2461-1150407487.jpg

I have just spoken to Lindsay. Unfortunately, Nigel lost his fight for life an hour ago. My thoughts go out to his family and friends at this very sad time.God bless you Nigel.

Very Sad....Nige wasn't a close friend, But he was one of those guys who was where we was at over the last 20 years or so & I always used to talk to & share a few piss taking moments with making comments about this & that. He had a great sense of humour, & Sue & I was here @ The 100 Club the night this foto was taken & he was on top form....Very Very Sad news, Our thoughts are with ALL his Friends & Family....

Keep The Faith

Jon & Sue Buck

Social source share

I've left it a while to say anything because Nige was one of my closest friends on the scene. Many of you will have seen Nige at niters and Soul nights all over the place, and it's the fact that you won't see his smiling face, and appalling shirts again that hurts most.

I'll miss his company, and jokes, and sarcastic wind ups, so much, not just at venues, but at the Services in the morning, on car parks, even in my living room.

Nothing can be done to help Nige now, but his family, Lindsey, and Nige Brown still need support, so it's to them that my heart goes out.

If there is anything I can do, please contact me.

Nige RIP, just think of it as a big stage where you get to DJ all night, and play all your favourire records.

Social source share

I've just got home and read back through all the message's and it really has bought a tear to my eye, for a bunch of people who will argue over if it was realesed in Philly or Outa mongolia, it just goes to show how much we all have in common truely fantastic friends!

God bless ya Nige :D

Social source share

GOD BLESS

NIGE "BROWNY" BROWN

amfaster'

Hey Nige, absolutely gutted to hear about dear Nige Shaw,'sunday morning services' will never be the same,

Nick,Lionel,Marie

Social source share

Guest The Driffter

GOD BLESS

NIGE "BROWNY" BROWN

Nige .You just lost a great mate from our scene , just remember all those good times you had for over 30 years with Nige Shaw, one day we will all be together again and enjoying ourselves like we have for years ,lifes a bitch!!! .from Jeff and Carys [somerset]
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

There really are no words...........................

Rest In Peace Nige you will be sorely missed

Gobsmaked

Social source share

I did not know Nige, but i had sent my good whishes earlier in the 'scene member not too well' thread. Since then ,like a lot of others on here probably, i had followed the thread & thought how good it was to see him getting better, just as my brother had in a similar way 12 months ago.

I think that is what makes it so much more sad, everyone feeling releaved that he had got through it & then the sudden downturn. My sincere condolences go to his family & friends who must feel so devastated & cheated.

& i thank the lord for keeping my brother with us after a similar heart problem.

From what i can see on here He was loved & respected by lots of people, & that is a wonderful life achievment in it's self ! Worth far much more than any material gains one could amass in this life !

God bless, & see if you can convert the main man's musical taste from that dour organ music to N.Soul !

Social source share

totally shocked,i've know nige a good few years now can remember him comming to our first ever soul night at alfreton back in aug 97,i'd heard he'd had a heart attack at cleethorpes but didnt realise it was this bad,i know he pulled through before guess everyone thought he would again, a sad loss to the scene and he will be sadley missed as we always saw him at so many venues across the uk,still cant believe it,he wasnt that old either,codolences to his family from myself and wife pat

Social source share

totally shocked,i've know nige a good few years now can remember him comming to our first ever soul night at alfreton back in aug 97,i'd heard he'd had a heart attack at cleethorpes but didnt realise it was this bad,i know he pulled through before guess everyone thought he would again, a sad loss to the scene and he will be sadley missed as we always saw him at so many venues across the uk,still cant believe it,he wasnt that old either,codolences to his family from myself and wife pat

A sad loss Indeed. My condolences to his family.

Ritchie & Asboannie.

Social source share

I didn't know Nige but its clear he was a loved person.

Sad news........

me neither Paul - but reading all these threads I wish I had met him, must have been a top bloke. Always sad to lose a fellow soulie. My condolences go out to Nige's family.

RIP mate

Grant

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert