Motown Album Tracks Worthy Of A 45 Release In 2024

Go to solution Solved by John Hart,

• Solution

Edwin Starr  "I just wanted to Cry "  ; War and Peace Lp (and obscure German 45)

Marvin  Gaye  "This is my beloved"  ;   I wish it would rain  Lp

Marvin Gaye  "I m Gonna Give you Respect"  ;  European double Lp

Marvin Gaye  "Where Are we Going" ; 12 inch & very obscure Japanese45 

Chuck  Jackson    "Sin  Estar Tu No Brill El Sol" ; Arrives L p & very, very , obscure Argentine 45.

Sorry for cheating a bit ,  but  I feel all the best motown  stormers, have  come out via Universal and Richards Sevens. The last volume  5 of " Cellarfull" was poor ( Only Brenda Holloways "Without Love ,You lose a Good Feeling "worthy of plays out). All of  the tracks so far chosen are readily and cheaply available on CD or LP.  Great Post  ,Happy Feet . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, 6T's Mojoman said:

Stevie Wonder - Pearl

Chuck Jackson or Gladys Knight & The Pips - Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone 

Gladys Knight & The Pips / Chuck Jackson , A N S S YvB G , Ladies first lol , but what a great pairing on a 45  great shout 

Social source share

5 hours ago, John Hart said:

Edwin Starr  "I just wanted to Cry "  ; War and Peace Lp (and obscure German 45)

Marvin  Gaye  "This is my beloved"  ;   I wish it would rain  Lp

Marvin Gaye  "I m Gonna Give you Respect"  ;  European double Lp

Marvin Gaye  "Where Are we Going" ; 12 inch & very obscure Japanese45 

Chuck  Jackson    "Sin  Estar Tu No Brill El Sol" ; Arrives L p & very, very , obscure Argentine 45.

Sorry for cheating a bit ,  but  I feel all the best motown  stormers, have  come out via Universal and Richards Sevens. The last volume  5 of " Cellarfull" was poor ( Only Brenda Holloways "Without Love ,You lose a Good Feeling "worthy of plays out). All of  the tracks so far chosen are readily and cheaply available on CD or LP.  Great Post  ,Happy Feet . 

Do you mean 'Temptations' - This Is My Beloved (Wish It Would Rain LP)?

Social source share

Marvelettes - Your Love Can Save Me (Sophisticated Soul)

Stevie Wonder - I've Got You (My Cherie Amour)

Edwin Starr - I Can't Replace My Old Love (War & Peace)

Miracles - More, More, More Of Your Love (Away We A Go Go)

Tammi Terrell - Tears At The End Of A Love Affair (Tammi Terrell)

Temptations - I Gotta Find A Way (To Get You Back) (Cloud Nine, or another alternate version on 'Big Hits volume 7)

Marvin Gaye - So Long (That's The Way)

David Ruffin - I've Got A Need For You / Your Heartaches I Can Surely Heal (David)

Supremes - It's All Your Fault / Send Me No Flowers (25th Anniversary)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

27 minutes ago, STEFAN BURLAK said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXnw1LGjeI

"I'd Cry"    Also by CHUCK JACKSON         Both superb.

Superb , keep em coming , with the YouTube links , somebody in charge of the Motown catalogue might just stumble across this topic & realize what they've already missed and deserves a 45 release, without digging into the cellar .

Social source share

12 hours ago, Soul-slider said:

Marvelettes - Your Love Can Save Me (Sophisticated Soul)

Stevie Wonder - I've Got You (My Cherie Amour)

Edwin Starr - I Can't Replace My Old Love (War & Peace)

Miracles - More, More, More Of Your Love (Away We A Go Go)

Tammi Terrell - Tears At The End Of A Love Affair (Tammi Terrell)

Temptations - I Gotta Find A Way (To Get You Back) (Cloud Nine, or another alternate version on 'Big Hits volume 7)

Marvin Gaye - So Long (That's The Way)

David Ruffin - I've Got A Need For You / Your Heartaches I Can Surely Heal (David)

Supremes - It's All Your Fault / Send Me No Flowers (25th 

Edited by Headsy
Meant to say marvelettes is on a French ep
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Although I love the Van Dykes (have their Bell LP too) I never could dig their rendition of this Temptations fabulous track from their best LP too... While most of the dancer tunes on this Tempts LP made it on 45 this one not and what a tune this is ! Every home should have one !

Love the Temptations,,Fantastic version...........but I must admit to preferring the Undisputed Truths take.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Tobytyke said:

Love the Temptations,,Fantastic version...........but I must admit to preferring the Undisputed Truths take.

Not OG version 🥸 and exists as a 45 🥺 Still if one was to consider it being better if ever 🫠 it would be in another thread or forum even LOL Joke aside with all due respect to each its own evidently but this Tempts period although troubled some for the group with a hectic David is my favorite one. So I am partial too 😃

Social source share

Sweet Was The Love - The Four Tops.

In The Cool Of The Night - David Ruffin. 

Both unreleased until years after the original recordings, with the latter on A Cellar Full Of Motown Vol 4.

Something in the back of my mind tells me the former, although released on a compilation album around the turn of the century, was released as a 7 inch a few years ago, with Brenda Holloway - Think I've Over (Before You Break My Heart), aka Reconsider on the other side. Maybe someone can elaborate on that, right or wrong.

Edited by MotownSoulMan
Edit. Just done the due diligence, and yes, Reconsider/Sweet Was The Love was put out on a 7 inch, twice, but both are considered duds, judging by what Discogs says.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!