TOBY - R.I.P

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

Sadly Toby passed way earlier today

If you want to know any further details then please contact me through messaging on here

Andy

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Yes Dave. The one and only. I know you two go way way back. He passed away peacefully yesterday surrounded by friends and family.

Social source share

Hi All  Nice comments from all of you,  all I can say about Toby will be said better by those as Ady says from the 6ts crowd, However I go back a bit further than that  as he was one of a group of young kids that attended the local youth club, where on a Monday Night I would play Northern Soul Music to them, And I do believe it was through these nights many youngster got to know about the music me but also Chris G & Mick Smith.

Also what comes to mind I sold Toby my old LI 150 series 2 that I hardly used for £25,  All in All this morning is like losing a Kid, disbelief is the word. RIP TOBY.

DAVE KILWORTH from Letchworth & Wolves

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Not seen Toby in ages, but strangely enough I was only thinking about him last week, a true gent. great laugh and generous to a fault !

remember him sending me up a record I was missing and needed for a backing track for Melvin Davis.

Very saddened to hear this news

Great guy RIP Toby

Rob

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hadnt seen Toby for a good while but he was always good company when we did meet up. Another proper character, will be missed by many. RIP Toby

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!