Ted Massey Robbery Records Stolen

Brent

Oh, my God! Unbelievable. Ted, you must be in shock. I hope you recover quickly from the trauma of this most personal of violations.

As for the records, it’s easy to speculate, and perhaps one shouldn’t, but my first thought is there’s someone out there on the Northern scene arranging the sort of targeted break-ins normally associated with high-profile footballers. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

35 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Oh, my God! Unbelievable. Ted, you must be in shock. I hope you recover quickly from the trauma of this most personal of violations.

As for the records, it’s easy to speculate, and perhaps one shouldn’t, but my first thought is there’s someone out there on the Northern scene arranging the sort of targeted break-ins normally associated with high-profile footballers. 

It’s definitely not the work of your ordinary Cat Burgular as the records were the target.

I should imagine it’s somebody who knows of Ted,knows of Ted’s wares, and worst of all,knows where he resides...

Hope Ted recovers soon...👍

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Just read this and sorry to hear Ted. This is a personal invasion of your property and stolen a life time of collecting records. You have given so much pleasure to us all of your records and the tunes you had. Just hope they are caught, as these are going to be hard to move or be played out.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Absolute scum.

Stolen after the NOTTINGHAM Alldayer (Rose & Crown) Yesterday Sunday 26th February.

Photo (colourised by Tom Romark & from Teds own doorbell camera) attached of one of the suspects.

Obviously anyone with any suspicion who this person might be should contact the rozzers or Ted.

IMG_3364.JPG

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Update on Teds PosT added

im feeling more suicidal as I add things 
Arthur Wills
United sounds 
Salt and pepper 
Joseph Webster 
Hamilton movement 
Rideout 
Appointments 
Reggie Alexander 
Tommy ridgley 
Volumes Karen 
Pee wee shuck and Huey 
Pat lewis 
Seville
Johnny Rogers
Johnny McCall
J P Robinson
True image x2
Infinity 
Jimmy bo horn 
Mixed feelings 
Patterson twins Malaco
Pro fascination
Mark 1V 7”
Gloria Barnes 7”
Barbara King Gulfstream
The Camaros 
Magnetics Count
Lee McKinney I’ll keep holding on
Flash mckinnly
Mr soul
Brand new 
Roy Roberts so much in love 
Montclairs Hey you
Differences 5mins
Willie tee I’m having so much fun
Willie Tee teasing you 
Mel Williams groove my mind
Mel Williams Sweet girl of mine
Summits Toy soldier yellow label
Poets Wrapped around 
Chuck Cockerham 
Betty wilson I’m yours

Social source share

5 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

This picture of invader from Facebook .

Anyone got any photos from Whitchurch A/N , or security footage from the venue that it can be compared with , it's a pretty distinct hairline , long shot I know but it's somewhere to start.

image.png.3cd5460f292cc14f798a02342be3b1e5.png

Social source share

Everyone be aware!!!!

Ted Massey was apparently followed home after Whitchurch all nighter at the weekend. He was robbed by two people who took that nights box of discs!!!

If you’re offered or see ‘unusual’ sales, or have any knowledge about the people concerned....

REPORT IT!!!! SOULIES STICK TOGETHER!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Bus Pass Dancer said:

Everyone be aware!!!!

Ted Massey was apparently followed home after Whitchurch all nighter at the weekend. He was robbed by two people who took that nights box of discs!!!

If you’re offered or see ‘unusual’ sales, or have any knowledge about the people concerned....

REPORT IT!!!! SOULIES STICK TOGETHER!

always best before starting a new topic to take a moment and check out the latest topics, just in case already posted as has hapenned here

"Venue was Nottingham all dayer.  Not Whitchurch...  "

have merged your topic into this one - plus suggest that you now edit some of your post to reflect what seems to be a more definte version of the actual events above

thanks 

Social source share

Yes insurance is possible via good quality contents policies (in house only normally) . Many normal policies won’t specifically cover especially if an online only provider. Some also cover a reduced amount outside the house. Also DJs musicians etc can add records to their equipment cover policies. Well worth speaking to a good broker. I’ve had mine specifically included on my contents policy (through different providers) for over ten years. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Ted - priority first hope you’re OK - 

The rose and crown have cctv exterior of the building - and like most pubs today will hopefully have internal cameras. I don’t think they were there too obvious even for a pill head .

The bloke had a t shirt on which means he traveled there in a car / van - if you’re road is anything like mine every other property has external cameras - I am sure the old bill are on it

You could try reward £5k for info and return - that may lead to the person or people or records

who ever did it does not know the scene that well or who they stole off - as I would have gone for the big oldies box - worth far more and easier to get rid

could be the guy is just a pinhead junkie who owes money and getting the two boxs makes it good - there not into NS but there’s someone behind it 🤔 worst thing even if he gets caught he ain’t going to say anything as he’ll be more scared of the person behind it 

what he did is aggravated burglary - that’s 3 years the only good thing was he didn’t hurt Ted.

A lot of who what and where’s there - just saying it as I see it.

PS - looks like they have ginger hair - anyone googled the picture quite a few who look similar 🤔🤔

Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

It is every collectors worst nightmare.  The years of toil to buy records that rarely or indeed if ever come to market and to have this happen  is sickening.

I really makes you wonder if Djing and putting yourself out there is really worth it.  With more and more coming to the scene and very few with the mentality we have this could become more commonplace.

Really feel for Ted and I hope his records are returned.  I also hope one of ours gets the scum first before the police.

One thing is certain, records like this cannot be brought to market publicly, not without raising suspicion.

Absolutely my thoughts and, having concurred earlier today, this stolen hoard will be so hot, these imbeciles might find theirselves being pursued not just by the likes of us, but by real villains, which will be extremely nasty for them, a reward may well be an even bigger inducement...their lives wont be worth living anyway if they attempt to fence them....now the media has got the story, theres nowhere for them to run.

Social source share

Don’t know Ted at all but I hope he is ok and that his records are returned to him ASAP and in the same condition they were when taken, hopefully the scumbags who stole them will be caught and dealt with accordingly, hopefully this was a one off and that DJ’s aren’t going to have to start looking over their shoulder when arriving home to make sure they haven’t been followed by some arsehole intent on stealing their collection, we don’t need this sort of thing happening on the Soul scene or anywhere else.

Social source share

Not good at all that. Hope he recovers from this, aggressive entry to his house, that's heavy sentencing. They could have done much worse. 

That guy looks ginger, pony tail maybe or thickly crimped/curly hair

as for the tattoo doesn't it look about like the outline of a Wolves FC  badge, maybe removed or covered over  for the robbery?

Now that it's been on the BBC all kinds of scumbags will looking at the prices and be saying how f*cking much, and I can see similar crimes unfortunately, maybe people out to  tighten up security for a little while.

Watch Auction Rooms for any movement as.well, I know boxes have been nicked in recent years at the odd nights but this surely  is a first. And yep a high level well planned robbery, not just random. 

Any idea on the accents.amd descriptions of the other rats 

Edited by Bunderthollox
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Backstreetniter said:

Is anybody on here from Sutton Coldfield / Birmingham area?

Are you in any community/buy & sell type of groups on Facebook, can you share the picture from the doorbell camera into them groups?  We need to get this image out to the wider world and not just the soul scene. 

Might be worth doing Nottingham groups too? 

Good call 👍 would be handy if BBC Midlands stuck it on there local news clip 🤔 that would nail them 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!